Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ohio Triple T indoor trainer videos
Quote | Reply
So I got this bright idea to go down to Shawnee Forest on a beautiful fall day and videotape the Ohio Triple T courses and turn them into trainer videos. I grossly underestimated how difficult of a project that was going to be! It became a giant pit to throw all of my time and money into. But anyway, I finally have a limited set of trainer DVD's ready if anyone would be interested in them. I've labeled the screens with suggested gearing, and included things like elevation charts and my helpful (and probably occasionally irritating) course tips. You can see a little more about them here:

http://www.biomobility.com

In total there are three DVD's with over 4 total hours of video covering all four TTT courses. If you want the set of 3 DVD's they are $29.95 plus $3.99 shipping; an individual DVD is $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping (shipping prices for Continental US). If you are interested either PM me or reply to this thread and I'll get you my paypal address. I have only made a few sets of the DVD's so far but if there's much interest in these I will make more later. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio Triple T indoor trainer videos [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still have some DVD's left, you can burn off that Thanksgiving turkey with a trip up Thompson Hill:

Also, I've put the entire Course 1 video on YouTube if anyone would like to see that:

If you want a DVD or the whole set, PM me or reply to this thread, thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be VERY cool if you could somehow overlay this with CompuTrainer software. I have a computrainer, and have the courses downloaded...I'm wondering out loud here how well it would work if I simply had the Triple T CompuTrainer course running "in the background" and watched the videos...you tried this?
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio Triple T indoor trainer videos [planet-x-usa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People are doing this with the sufferfest videos and it works great.

If you have a rough idea of the RPE for sections (let me know time and RPE), I'll add them to http://www.73summits.com/ergdb/ . People are loving the sufferfest video and CT or Powerbeam pro combo.

ErgDB Erg & PowerAgent workout generator | My blog - special thanks to Kiwami
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio Triple T indoor trainer videos [stratman05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are the sufferest videos? Is this what you're selling?

I've ridden Triple T before and know how hard it is. With my CT, RPE isnt necessary to program because it eill auto-adjust grade.
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio Triple T indoor trainer videos [planet-x-usa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, I'm selling nothing. My site is just a repository of ERG/PowerAgent workouts. I added the sufferfest workouts since people love it (honestly, haven't even used/seen a sufferfest video yet).

I do have a CT and know how it works. You need a .3dc file to have it automatically adjust resistance (3d courses). The problem is you can't just take a video and have it work like a real course video. A slower person will be on a hill longer and the video will get out of sync. That's why .ERG files are used. A guy named Ted took the time and plotted out the RPE for different segments of the sufferfest videos based on time, so the video always stays in synch for everyone riding. It's just the watts you are putting out that's different.

ErgDB Erg & PowerAgent workout generator | My blog - special thanks to Kiwami
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio Triple T indoor trainer videos [stratman05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not familiar with the sufferfest videos either.... but the Ohio Triple T videos I made have a resistance level on the screen. So if I send you an RPE then people could use the videos with a computrainer then? I could go through and record the resistance level and the time. Do you need the RPE as a 1-10 scale? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have some DVDs left if anyone else wants them. Thanks.
Quote Reply