PM Sent.
Quote Reply
Re: A feeler: townhouse for rent in west Tucson [rvrrdr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump #2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alrighty, it's official. This place is up for rent. Please contact me if you are interested in escaping for some warm training weather this year--I can't wait for it to cool off!

To give you a better idea of where the place is, see:

http://maps.yahoo.com/...Tucson,%20AZ%2085735

And here's a cheat sheet of some good rides in and around Tucson. Most of them are easily accessible by bike from the townhouse, or a short drive:

http://psy1.psych.arizona.edu/cgi-bin/megahurtz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Details on pool(s)?

The Ride of Truth - OWN your ride.
Quote Reply
Re: A feeler: townhouse for rent in west Tucson [Spinmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Archer Pool is the closest lap pool ($1.50 per day):

http://www.tucsonaz.gov/...sandrec/aquatics.php

And directions:

http://maps.yahoo.com/...olla,%20Tucson,%20aZ

Nothing fancy, but it does the job for me! I have seen people bring their bikes in and leave them on the deck, but I'm not sure if that is normal. Otherwise it's less than 10 minutes to drive there.

Quincie Douglas is a little further, but it's VERY nice. Lots of lanes, very new and clean, etc. Also a city pool, so same entry fee:

http://maps.yahoo.com/...0st.,%20tucson,%20az

City pool hours will change a bit based on the season, but those two are open year-round. The other option if you are a Masters swimmer is to jump in at Ford Masters Aquatics at the U of A. Jim Stites will let visitors join practices for free! I would contact him directly:

http://homepage.mac.com/...dAquatics/index.html

General workouts and times are posted on that site also.
Last edited by: rvrrdr: Aug 20, 09 12:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have seen people bring their bikes in and leave them on the deck, but I'm not sure if that is normal
Quote:

Rather normal. Have done it several times at Archer, Catalina, Ft. Lowell & Udall. Know several others that do it as well.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: A feeler: townhouse for rent in west Tucson [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info, Brian! Funny, the one bike I've seen at Archer is Billy's (I can tell because it's hard to miss!).
Quote Reply
Re: townhouse for rent in west Tucson [rvrrdr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks for the info, Brian! Funny, the one bike I've seen at Archer is Billy's (I can tell because it's hard to miss!).

Yep, been swimming at Archer for over 15 years. I ride past your house at least a couple times a week! Nice area. Easy access to many bike routes, the Tucson Mtn trail system for running or mtn biking, and as said Archer pool for swimming. These houses were all built fairly recently and there is not a lot of traffic in the area.
Where you off to Matt?

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Last edited by: 115InTheShade: Aug 27, 09 15:01
Quote Reply
Re: A feeler: townhouse for rent in west Tucson [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staying here (for now, although we've been talking about Boulder...). The rental is actually my parents' vacation place on the other side of Kinney. They have not been using it as much as planned, so now it's listed here.

I will try to post some more pictures in the next day or two.
Quote Reply
Re: townhouse for rent in west Tucson [rvrrdr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New Pics (8/29) townhouse for rent in west Tucson [rvrrdr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I have been missing from the ST scene for a while. Finally finishing up grad school which has been CRAZY! Anyway, I am finally going to pursue getting the word out for this rental.

Right now, the only reservation I have is for the week of TriFest. If you're interested please send a PM. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM Sent...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you just take a request for dates? Can you elaborate on the reservation process?

Quote | Reply
Sorry for the delay. Just saw that my post reply notifications were going to my "spam" folder!!

Yes, I am currently just taking requests for dates. My current "formal" process is to secure the dates with a deposit of 50% for the stay. I just finished grad school, so I am only now getting organized for this. Because of that, I only have one reservation at the moment...meaning most dates are open for this year, so let me know if you are interested.

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
some people might want to know... garage or not?

Not interested till i'm making big bucks. For now i'm couch surfing. hope to be down there LATE wednesday night.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: New Pics (8/29) townhouse for rent in west Tucson [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, no garage. Covered parking for cars, and a courtyard for storing some stuff (could lock bikes back there perhaps). Depending on if I was around, and the level of trust :), I could lend some space in my garage 1/4-mile away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update on prices: $100 per night up to four people, plus $25 for each additional person.

For anyone interested, the place is rented through March 13th, but open after. Is anyone still looking for a place to stay for the last week of TriFest?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some friends and I rented Matt's (parents) condo this past week. We had a great time, and you really can't beat this deal.

The condo neighborhood is very quiet - we rarely saw other folks, but when we did, everyone was very friendly. The community pool isn't heated but we made daily use of the hot tub. There's a few BBQ grills in the pool area too, but we didn't use them.

The condo itself has everything you could ask for. 2bedrooms (Queen bed, double bed), 2 bathrooms, pull out sofa bed, kitchen with all the necessary cookware/dishes, TV, DVD player, wireless internet. Having a washer/dryer was a big plus too since it meant we didn't have to pack as much stuff.

McCain Loop and Gates Pass were a short ride out Kinney, and run trails were just a mile away as well. We did Mt. Lemmon but drove over rather than riding through town.

Matt lives close by and was always just a phone call or text away in the event of a problem (we had none) or a question (we had a bunch). He rode with us the first day and gave us a tour of the Gates/McCain area, and rode Mt. Lemmon with us/volunteered to help shuttle us over to the start as well. He also hooked us up with a bunch of suggestions on ride/run trails, pool locations, and restaurant options. He basically went out of his way to make sure we had a great time in Tucson, and we really appreciated it as it was the first time down there for all of us.
Last edited by: mertztr: Mar 14, 10 7:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't say enough good things about the place and Matt. He was excellent to deal with the condo is great, it looks exactly like the pictures. The area is beautiful. Thanks again Matt!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump this back up to the top for the winter. I have not secured any reservations for this winter, so if you want specific dates, let me know! Lots of things going on in Tucson with TriFest, Duathlon Nats, etc. Even a mud run on December 11th less than a mile from the townhouse!

I almost gave in and put arm warmers on yesterday...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One more bump for the season! I have been too lazy to get active about advertising this, so the schedule is still relatively open.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested. Can you please email me? Thanks.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the place is going to get sold, so no more rentals available.
Quote Reply