Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Leaving Triathlon - Selling Everything in North Texas
Quote | Reply
I have an obscene amount of gear and am looking to dump everything but need to start with my bike. Its a 2015 S Works shiv Medium, quarq, di2, zipp 404, tri rig, ceramic speed, etc. All good stuff. Looking for local pick up (North Dallas).

I have an entire tool box, room and closet full of trainers, stands, wheels, computers, tools, etc that I will offer up to whoever buys the bike at a seriously deep discount. I want it gone and am not going to take the time to get maximum value for this stuff. The more you buy, the more you save. If you are diligent, you could probably turn around and sell all of this for a profit. Wetsuits, shoes, clothes.....its endless which is why I haven't gotten around to posting all of it and am now just looking to offload.

If you (or anyone you know) is looking to jump into the deep end with Triathlon, I am your guy.

I am having trouble with pics but DM me and I can text to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Leaving Triathlon - Selling Everything in North Texas [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be great to see a detailed list of items and prices with pictures if possible. Another good place to list is the online swap meet for triathlon on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Leaving Triathlon - Selling Everything in North Texas [BLD 25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to start working on a list...its a bit of a daunting task. Thank for the tip. I will list there too.
Quote Reply
Re: Leaving Triathlon - Selling Everything in North Texas [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the same thing a number of years ago and posted just about everything on local triathlon, running, and cycling FB buy/sell groups (I'm in Houston so can't help with the Dallas area groups). I posted a few things here as well but honestly the local FB thing was simple and easy.

I included at least 2 or 3 pics of each item (separate post for each), listed it at a fair price, stated cash only and local pickup only. I did absolutely zero negotiations. Zip, zilch, nada. That doesn't mean I didn't get tons offers. I simply responded to each offer with "No thank. Have a nice day." That's it. Nothing more. About 30-40% of the time they would reply back accepting my original asking price. If they didn't the item was almost always bought by someone else at the asking price within 2 weeks. Also, for smaller items that were $50 or less, I simply left them on my front porch in a container and relied on the honor system for payment. I didn't get stiffed once.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'd be interested in a list as well. Thanks

If it's too much, just post pics of all the gear laid out and we can inspect the photos and let you know what we may be interested in? Ive seen that done before and it seems to accomplish the task. I imagine it's easier than developing a comprehensive list and posting that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have a P3 2013 or older size 56?
Quote Reply