Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How much would you pay for...
Quote | Reply
a 2005 Litespeed blade frameset size 57 with easton EC90 fork? Bike has about 3,000 miles maybe a little less.

Trying to figure out whether to sell or keep.
Last edited by: Dre_lo82: May 15, 08 22:08
Quote Reply
Re: How much would you pay for... [Dre_lo82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ebay-completed items will give you a ballpark value
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If making your money back is a motivation to sell, you probably should keep it. If it just sits there unridden, then selling it sooner than later will cut your losses. It won't appreciate in value over time. Since carbon is the hot thing, whoever buys a used Ti bike usually gets a great deal.
Quote Reply
Re: How much would you pay for... [John M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right carbon IS the hot thing! I guess basically I just don't have much use for it... however, at the same time I don't want to just give it away. It's one of those things that if I can get enough money to buy something cool for my other bikes, I'll sell it... I don't know maybe that makes sense maybe that doesnt.

ald
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not going to get faster or more "current" sitting there, so I'd sell it ASAP. The other poster's idea of an ebay completed listings search is useful, generally framesets can fetch 50 - 75% of retail depending on age and condition.
Quote Reply
Re: How much would you pay for... [vjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh... I doubt this one will fetch $1500 which wouldn't even be half of what a new Blade would be (if they still made it). Not because it's in bad condition or anything, I think someone else put it best... Carbon is the hot new thing. I guess this frame though is the most current TT/Tri frame that Litespeed has come up with (so that's something that it's got going for it). I'll keep an eye out on ebay to see what stuff is selling for. I seem to run into Sabers and older style Blades which I guess would give me a decent ballpark.

ald
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what are you looking for out of it? It's my size and I've always wanted one of those (of course I'm on a Tiphoon now, but still).

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Oh... I doubt this one will fetch $1500 which wouldn't even be half of what a new Blade would be (if they still made it).

I made my 50-75% comment based on "general bike stuff". I had no idea those things were $3000 new (although in restrospect I should have figured that for a "name" ti bike), so unfortunately you may be right that $1500 is optimistic. Especially when you can get a B2 or a P2C new for that.

Hopefully you find some ti afficionado (they're out there, just like the steel afficionados) who wants a TT/Tri frameset.
Quote Reply
Re: How much would you pay for... [vjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the latest "blade" retailed at a little over $5K for just the frameset. I was talking to one of the American Bicycle Group reps and I guess they're coming out with even a newer Litespeed Blade either later this year or next that will be even more than the one I have.

It's crazy I tell ya!
ald
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i would bet you could get $1200 for it if you were patient and offered to include shipping...
Quote Reply