Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Have pity on me and give me a great deal on deeper (50+mm) carbon clinchers
Quote | Reply
I have a strict budget (~$500) and am looking for deeper (50+mm) carbon wheels without resorting to the Chinese Ebay offerings. I am hoping someone has more wheelsets than they know what to do with and want to make a few bucks unloading a set on me. :-) Offset sizes (60/80, 55/88, etc.) are welcome. If your set is a mix with a disc or wheelcover, that would also be considered.

Have some pity and set me up!!!

Quote | Reply
Go to planet-x, they have 50/82/101 sets for around 600.
Quote Reply
Re: Have pity on me and give me a great deal on deeper (50+mm) carbon clinchers [phourgenres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking for clinchers, so it would have to be their 60mm set. But that is still about $100 over my budget, so I am hoping for a used set of something will show up in this thread.

Quote | Reply
Are you comfortable on Chinese carbon? I ordered a set of 60mm clinchers that should be here any day now.

There is tons of discussion about them here, with different options and price points. http://forums.roadbikereview.com/...ad-2-0-a-241788.html
Quote Reply
Re: Have pity on me and give me a great deal on deeper (50+mm) carbon clinchers [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why clinchers?

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Re: Have pity on me and give me a great deal on deeper (50+mm) carbon clinchers [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livetotri wrote:
Why clinchers?

I am comfortable with them as far as changing them during races, etc., and don't feel like going tubular at this point.

Quote | Reply
Your loss. More for me.

Eli Curt

Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Re: Have pity on me and give me a great deal on deeper (50+mm) carbon clinchers [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livetotri wrote:
Your loss. More for me.

Your loss. Tubular's suck.
Quote Reply
Re: Have pity on me and give me a great deal on deeper (50+mm) carbon clinchers [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Livetotri wrote:
Your loss. More for me.

False.

Eli Curt

Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Livetotri wrote:
Your loss. More for me.

Why? What do you have to offer?

Quote | Reply
we have a winner--worst post of the day.

Livetotri wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
Livetotri wrote:
Your loss. More for me.

False.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: Have pity on me and give me a great deal on deeper (50+mm) carbon clinchers [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmeer wrote:
we have a winner--worst post of the day.

Livetotri wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
Livetotri wrote:
Your loss. More for me.

False.

That was yesterday.

...try and keep up.

Eli Curt

Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does this help someone who wants to buy something? Maybe I'm going to start responding to WTB's with "I have a belly button"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

That was yesterday.

...try and keep up.[/quote]
nice comeback.

Quote Reply
Re: Have pity on me and give me a great deal on deeper (50+mm) carbon clinchers [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think a comeback is really possible...your knockout line was just so awesome. I'm sitting here trying to recover, but I may need another day or two.

I'll let you know when I've recuperated enough to respond wittily.

Eli Curt

Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for crapping all over my thread, kids.

Quote | Reply
Livetotri wrote:
I don't think a comeback is really possible...your knockout line was just so awesome. I'm sitting here trying to recover, but I may need another day or two.

I'll let you know when I've recuperated enough to respond wittily.

well, why you recover i'll just wait here for a RR where you don't get dropped during a cat 5 race and are really excited about it.

Quote Reply
Re: Have pity on me and give me a great deal on deeper (50+mm) carbon clinchers [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jayhox wrote:
Thanks for crapping all over my thread, kids.

sorry. i'll stop. at least we've bumped your thread.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm confused now, so you want to buy bicycles for your feet with a 50mm rim depth??
Quote Reply