Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: Zipp 404 race wheels - 650s - tubular
Quote | Reply
I am selling a set of Zipp 404 race wheels. They are 650s. These are both very light and very, very aerodynamic. They have a Shimano 9 speed Ultegra cassette. They will take a 10 speed cassette or can be changed for a Campagnola group.

The wheels have about 300 race miles on them - including one IM and 2 halfs and probably under 100 training miles.

Included are 3 brand new continental tubular tyres - 2 already glued and a spare; I lent them to a friend for IM Kona - she had the new tyres put on but then did not use the wheels. (For those of you that are not bike geeks, tubulars offer better flat resistance, cornering and handling than clinchers.) The tyres alone are worth over $150!

The wheels are are about 4 years old and in absolutely perfect condition. No blemishes if you don't count glue from the tyres.

They cost about $1,600 new and now sell for $1,950 a set. I am offering them for $850 OBO.

If you live near Philly or Bethany Beach, DE and want to try them before you buy, I will try to work that out. I'm at alan@phillytri.com

Last edited by: alanm804: May 28, 07 13:24
Quote Reply