Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Tricky Dick
Last edited by: Tricky Dick: Jun 4, 10 6:33
Re: FS: SRAM RIVAL Group [Tricky Dick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The go for $640 on ebay and you can pick your crank length, gearing, etc...
Quote Reply
Re: FS: SRAM RIVAL Group [idlersrest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The go for $640 on ebay and you can pick your crank length, gearing, etc...
Quoted for truth... and a badass username.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Confused Fitness Addict -- Biker first, Nutrition second, everything else third.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Tricky Dick [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Tricky Dick: Jun 7, 10 14:40
Quote | Reply
Word.

No need to rain on the guy's parade. And there are plenty of people who don't like dealing on eBay, so what does posting it here help? Give him a break...

E Curt
Enter my raffle to win an iPad!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: SRAM RIVAL Group [Curtblaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Word.

No need to rain on the guy's parade. And there are plenty of people who don't like dealing on eBay, so what does posting it here help? Give him a break...

I agree. I've had nothing but positive experiences dealing here. Now eBay on the other hand, well......hit or miss at best.

Let the dude sell and others make an offer if they want to buy. We're all adults enough to shop for ourselves if we don't like the price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i would in 48 hours instead of a bump just start a new one with out all the negative comments

Member HED, Cervelo, De Soto Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
most people on these forums are old enough to go look for themselves. Personally, I would rather spend an extra 40-60 and get it from someone on here, who knows what they are doing, over someone on scambay...

bump for a nice groupset.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: SRAM RIVAL Group [gttrinewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd rather get it off of ebay where I have buyer protection through both ebay and paypal...and I'd be saving $50.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'd rather get it off of ebay where I have buyer protection through both ebay and paypal...and I'd be saving $50.

If you want it for cheaper, make him a damned offer and stop spamming about your "savings" on ebay.

Buyer and seller protection through Ebay and Paypal are laughable at best. I follow the book explicitly whenever I buy and sell there and yet I've still been screwed twice. My friend did the same and got screwed out of a couple hundred dollars when selling a frame. There is no protection, only a false sense of security.

I dont know if you truly think you're doing people a favor here (You're not, by the way) by flaming this guy's classified ad or if you're just doing it to be an asshole... do us all a favor and keep it to yourself. Let people sell their stuff here in peace. If you dont like it, dont buy it. simple as that... keep your BS to yourself.

It's just a blog
Quote Reply
Re: FS: SRAM RIVAL Group [BShow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whoa...slow down the anger bus...I was just making an observation and having a discussion with some of the guys here. No hostility from me. I was just stating that on average your seller/buyer protection will be much higher through ebay/paypal than through an anonymous online forum (That's pretty basic internet wisdom).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That should, logically, hold true, except that eBay is notorious for attracting scammers of all kinds from all different backgrounds, thus negating its credibility.

E Curt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yea, but that's why they have ratings..low ratings=don't buy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And how can one tell if the good ratings are left by legitimate buyers or, for example:

175 positive feedback, spread out over the course of a year or two, with the last one a year and a half ago, all because the guy bought free wallpapers or they were his friends?

E Curt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well then you're covered by paypal..duh!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the last time that some idiot bought a bike from me and then decided not to add funds to his paypal account, after I had (accidentally) marked the item as shipped, but hadn't physically shipped the bike yet?

Yeah, paypal really came through for me in the clutch that time. I'm sure the idiot closed down his account, and opened a new one. Luckily, I hadn't already shipped the bike...

E Curt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wait...so what actually happened. He bought it..didn't pay..and you didn't ship..so where is the harm?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
POTENTIAL harm...for someone else who would have ACTUALLY shipped it. I learned my lesson, not to ship until the funds are cleared into my paypal account, cleared from there, and in the process of being deposited into my bank account.

E Curt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
okay...but why does that make paypal less secure. They are very straight forward (and even notify you) about when it is OK to ship. Would you ship something to somebody on these forums without receiving cleared payment..I sure wouldn't...same goes for ebay.
Quote Reply