Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: EASTON ORION II CLINCHER WHEELSET (PICS)
Quote | Reply
FS: EASTON ORION II CLINCHER WHEELSET (PICS) Edit | Delete | Quote | Reply
Bought these high end wheels from a bike shop with 50 miles on them. I rode them on 2 training rides and 1 group ride, so they are essentially new with 110 total miles. Comes ready to go with Maxxis Columbiere tires/ Velomax skewers/ 11-21 ultegra cassete I bought at the same I bought the wheels. These wheels spin forever and are really stiff and light. I will be taking a huge hit and hate to let them go, but I am switching over to mtb riding. Price is $450.00 shipped (paypal) pm if interested.
Here are the specs: Weight is 645 gr. fr and 832 gr. r Total 1477 gr.
Hubs* R-series with twin thread technology and precision-sealed cartridge bearings/low drag seals
Rims* F&R are shallow V Gen 3 rs black anodized w/machined braking surface
Spokes* Double-butted stainless steal T3 twin thread technology 24 fr and 28 r
Nipples* Nickle plated brass rear ds, custom-anodized aluminum NDS fr and r[/img]

Quote Reply
Re: FS: EASTON ORION II CLINCHER WHEELSET (PICS) [tierbach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my Orion II. If they were good enough for Bicycle John they're good enough for MOP me. And yes, they seem to spin forever, so I just wanted to comment here if anyone is looking for a good all around wheel. It was also pointed out to me they are slightly more aero than the Mavic Aksium race wheels even thoughit is not a bladed spoke.

I run them with Michelin Krylion Carbons.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: EASTON ORION II CLINCHER WHEELSET (PICS) [tierbach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wheels are still sitting pretty in my house. I am dreaming of mtb riding so someone please talk to me. Great complete 700c wheels for cheap!!!
In Reply To:
FS: EASTON ORION II CLINCHER WHEELSET (PICS) Edit | Delete | Quote | Reply
Bought these high end wheels from a bike shop with 50 miles on them. I rode them on 2 training rides and 1 group ride, so they are essentially new with 110 total miles. Comes ready to go with Maxxis Columbiere tires/ Velomax skewers/ 11-21 ultegra cassete I bought at the same I bought the wheels. These wheels spin forever and are really stiff and light. I will be taking a huge hit and hate to let them go, but I am switching over to mtb riding. Price is $450.00 shipped (paypal) pm if interested.
Here are the specs: Weight is 645 gr. fr and 832 gr. r Total 1477 gr.
Hubs* R-series with twin thread technology and precision-sealed cartridge bearings/low drag seals
Rims* F&R are shallow V Gen 3 rs black anodized w/machined braking surface
Spokes* Double-butted stainless steal T3 twin thread technology 24 fr and 28 r
Nipples* Nickle plated brass rear ds, custom-anodized aluminum NDS fr and r[/img]
Quote Reply
Re: FS: EASTON ORION II CLINCHER WHEELSET (PICS) [johnbrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It was also pointed out to me they are slightly more aero than the Mavic Aksium race wheels even thoughit is not a bladed spoke.

I certainly wouldn't use Mavic Aksiums as an aero baseline...those things are shaped like a brick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Re: FS: EASTON ORION II CLINCHER WHEELSET (PICS) [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tru dat. but going into Oceanside 70.3 these were my only two wheelsets. being a reasonable individual, I acquires carbon tubulars 3 days before the race and the point became moot.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: EASTON ORION II CLINCHER WHEELSET (PICS) [johnbrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right about aksium being bricks. These wheels are more in line with Mavic SSL's and hundreds of dollars cheaper. Just check out the reviews. Thanks
Quote Reply