Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new
Quote | Reply
For Sale:

Pair of 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clinchers. I am the original owner. Wheels were used for one season of racing-only… less than 1,000 miles total. No crashes, and all maintenance was professionally done. I would prefer to sell them as a complete set.

• Tires and tubes not included; available for an additional charge (I have a couple options)
  • Quick release skewers not included
  • Zipp carbon pads and rim tape *are* included

MSRP:
$1,215 front wheel
$1,485 rear wheel
$2,700 total

Asking:
$750 front wheel
$900 rear wheel
Wheel set discount: $1,500 total

Shipping is additional, but count on another $50-100, depending on freight carrier. I will accept personal check or Paypal ONLY, and will only sell to established forum users. Check or E-check must clear before I will ship. Please PM me with questions.

Greg
Last edited by: gregk: Jun 14, 12 14:12
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [gregk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buyer Beware: Seller refuses to sell unless you have provided your "real name" and ensure that you will not re-sell overseas or to the black/grey market.

John Smith
Last edited by: SpeedyTSO: Jun 14, 12 20:30
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [SpeedyTSO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, "John Smith", I declined to sell to you because you refused to tell me who you are. I deal in an open, honest manner. If someone won't tell me the who they are, I won't sell to them - simple as that. No hard feelings if you choose to deal differently. I've had people attempt to scam me as a buyer, as a seller, on Craigslist, eBay, this that and the other. Call me a square, but it has forced me to do business this way. There are lots of other deals to be had on the classifieds, so I'm sure you can find something suitable from another seller.

Greg
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [gregk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're entitled to that right but I still don't understand how the seller can be scammed when you're in the position to hold the goods until the transaction is approved?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you need to work on your "Wheelset Discount" math...

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:
I think you need to work on your "Wheelset Discount" math...

Bob[/quote

Buy them separately, it's 1650. Buy them together, it's 1500. How is that not a wheelset discount? Maybe my math is wrong, too? :)

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Discount total" implies the amount off of MSRP he is selling them for, which would be $1200 with a discount of $1500 as stated. The actual discount or savings off of MSRP is $1150.

Bob
Last edited by: Macho Grande: Jun 14, 12 21:16
Quote Reply
Post deleted by run100z [ In reply to ]
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:
"Discount total" implies the amount off of MSRP he is selling them for $1200 with a discount of $1500. The actual discount or savings off of MSRP is $1150.

Bob

Now I'm really confused.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [run100z] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What he is saying is, if they are sold separately they would be $750 for the front, $900 for the rear. That equals $1650. If you buy the set, they are $1500. There for the wheelset discount is $150.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [kanman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a great deal on a set of FC Zipps! Greg is a great guy too and it's honorable he's reliable and principled unlike some people who are unwilling to deal openly. Those people I recommend go to EBay.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [kanman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kanman wrote:
What he is saying is, if they are sold separately they would be $750 for the front, $900 for the rear. That equals $1650. If you buy the set, they are $1500. There for the wheelset discount is $150.

Exactly. It's always easier to sell as a pair - one less trip to UPS, one less person to deal with. So, I offer a discount for buying the wheels as a pair.

Greg
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [SpeedyTSO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talk to LivetoTri about getting scammed even though he's the one with the goods. It happens all the time. That's why it's called a scam.

What I don't get is why you wouldn't just come clean and tell him your name...what are you hiding?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know its not the best offer but I would buy them for 1k. Let me know if you are interested.
Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [1drbread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I work for one on the largest banks in the country. We see people get scammed all the time as the seller. Every thing from bad checks to counterfeit bills. Good for the seller for taking a stand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how on earth do you still have these... $1500 is a great deal for these wheels. I wish I needed new wheels I would buy them for sure.

Do you have any need for some 303 tubulars? I have a brand new pair I would trade you. I got them for cyclocross and decided not to use them.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
firecrest? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2008 Zipp 900 dimpled disc and a 2009 100mm Blackwell front if you're interested in any sort of a trade. Both are shimano and tubular. They've been ridden in about 5 races total.

Human Person
Last edited by: trismitty: Jun 18, 12 11:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are these still for sale? I'll take them off your hands if so, and you can verify I am real!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cidewar wrote:
how on earth do you still have these... $1500 is a great deal for these wheels. I wish I needed new wheels I would buy them for sure.

Do you have any need for some 303 tubulars? I have a brand new pair I would trade you. I got them for cyclocross and decided not to use them.

Thanks for your offer, but I'm just looking to sell them.

To everyone else - these are still up for grabs, please PM me if interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sold!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont see the FIRECREST sticker on these....is that something new for 2012?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by TriMe703 [ In reply to ]
Re: FS: 2011 Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher pair - like new [TriMe703] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
those wheels in the pic are very clearly 2011 404 firecrest carbon clinchers. i don't understand where all this doubt is coming from. there are lots of 404 FC wheels with those exact same decals. and they are definitely 2011 (though strictly speaking firecrest hit the stores in late 2010).
Quote Reply
Post deleted by dindu [ In reply to ]

Prev Next