Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: 2007 FSA SRM PowerMeter
Quote | Reply
For sale: the latest and greatest SRM PowerMeter -- the FSA carbon crank version. This version has 8 strain gauges and can be setup with either regular or compact gearing.

Total mileage on this SRM is less than 200 miles, and it is virtually new from the factory.

What you get:
- PowerMeter
- FSA Chainrings, 53-39
- FSA-SRM carbon crankarms, 170mm
- Special FSA Mega Exo bottom bracket cups, English threaded
- All required on-bike mounting cables, with front wheel speed sensor
- Your choice of regular or oversize handlebar clamp
- All original packaging, warranty card, etc.

What you don't get:
- PowerControl

The full value of this package is $2,645 ... I am selling for $2,400.

Attached are the stock pics; I will attach actual pics later this weekend.

Note: I also have an SRM Pro setup for tri/tt (170mm crankarms, which could be swapped out for another size), complete with FSA TT rings and includes the PowerControl unit. I would be open to making a package deal in case you want to equip a tri/tt bike AND a road bike with SRMs. You can do this with a single PowerControl, no problem. I would be willing to sell the entire package (2 PowerMeters, 1 PowerControl, all cables, 2 mounting kits, various handlebar clamps, and chainrings) for $4,250. The value on this setup is over $5,500.

Serious inquiries: PM or email me at e2thec@yahoo.com

Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2007 FSA SRM PowerMeter [e2thec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since when does the FSA SRM have 8 Strain Gauges?

The SRM Training System road version FSA Professional SRM Powermeter combined with an FSA carbon crank
FSA is among the very top suppliers of equipment in the world of cycling. It has masses of experience in the use of all kinds of different materials at its disposal, clearly setting FSA apart as the leading supplier of carbon-based cranks. In cooperation with SRM a new solution has now been developed that has an integrated SRM Powermeter This version is available now in the Standard and Compact versions.
The SRM system with the special SRM FSA carbon crank will be used by some of the most well known Pro Tour teams such as CSC and Cofidis in the 2006 season.

FSA carbon crank: Cranks are available in lengths of between 170 and 175mm

Measurement accuracy:
The Professional model (4 strain gauge strips) has an accuracy of ±2%.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2007 FSA SRM PowerMeter [awpincus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I guess since I read the product details on the SRM website, and it says '8 strain gauges', that I was taking their word for it.

You can check the link for yourself:

http://www.srm.de/...act-or-Standard.html

"
SRM Training System - FSA Road Compact or Standard
The Professional FSA Powermeter (8 strain gauges) has an accuracy of ±2% and standard or compact chaining options.
"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My appologies:

I was reading here:

http://www.srm.de/...d_srmts_str_fsa.html

It lists: The Professional model (4 strain gauge strips) has an accuracy of ±2%.

I thought only the scientific model had 8 guage strips for the .5% accuracy. Anyway, this topic can go to another thread. I'm courious now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Out of couriosity, I checked w/ SRM. It is 8 strain gauges for the DA and FSA versions. It is still +/- 2% accuracy. They need to update their web page.

Sorry

ap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem. Thanks for the interest!

I'll have actual pics up later today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would you be interested in 2 PT SL's and some cash for it or 2k cash?

Ben

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Last edited by: nebmot: May 19, 07 21:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They need to use 8 strain gauges just to get to +/-2% on these models for some reason...I believe I heard this from Hunter Allen at a power clinic a few months back. The Cannondale model only needs 4 strain gauges for the same accuracy.

In Reply To:
Out of couriosity, I checked w/ SRM. It is 8 strain gauges for the DA and FSA versions. It is still +/- 2% accuracy. They need to update their web page.

Sorry

ap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have some pics of the actual SRM, and of the packaging/warranty card. If interested, PM me and I wil fwd them to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump. Still available.

Will be posting on eBay if not sold by Sunday.

Package deal for $4,250 preferred -- all you need to setup 2 bikes.
Quote Reply