Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
DSW Speedpack factory 2nds
Quote | Reply
If you've been waiting to get a Speedpack at a reduced price, we have a few factory 2nds available. Quantities of these are limited and vary with the Speedpack model, please send a brief email for details and ordering info (contact email is on our website, or on our ST profile). In your message, please indicate:

1. -- what model factory 2nd you need,
2. -- what state or country we'll be shipping to.

>> Descriptions of the different Speedpack models are here and a facebook photo album of bikes with various Speedpacks mounted is here.

The small issues that might make a Speedpack a factory 2nd are all 100% cosmetic, so these packs still work and function perfectly, they all have our full 1-year warranty, and they also have our standard 30-day return policy (see this page for details). Discounts (off regular prices) for factory 2nds are:

$ 6.00 off -- for 480
$ 6.50 off -- for 480D
$ 7.00 off -- for 483 & 483D
>> If you're interested in getting a discounted Speedpack, this is a smart time to order, as we typically run out of 2nds during the Summer race season.

Thanks for your interest, the DSW Team

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: May 2, 14 12:57
Quote Reply
Re: DSW Speedpack factory 2nds [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wish yall had these 2 weeks ago, but the quality control A+ i got was worth the 6 extra. thanks greg
for those on the fence pull the trigger now...

Now Ive done that.... whats next? | My other items on Slowtwitch
Last edited by: yourunclefats: Jan 21, 13 19:50
Quote Reply
Re: DSW Speedpack factory 2nds [yourunclefats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, thanks for the good words. Since we make these packs ourselves, we try to do a great job with all of them.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which one would you recommend more for the Quintana Roo Seduza? The stem comes back at a slight angle. Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: DSW Speedpack factory 2nds [cyberjunkie21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's a carbon seduza that looks like this, I'd suggest an SP 483 for the best fit. But if your frame looks pretty different, send me a pic of your bike and I can give you a more definitive answer.

thanks,
Greg @ dsw

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's my model exactly! Well of course with awesome Flo wheels now! :) I've got a buddy that loves his DSW bag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyberjunkie21 wrote:
That's my model exactly! Well of course with awesome Flo wheels now! :) I've got a buddy that loves his DSW bag.

Glad to hear it, we've got quite a bit of other athlete feedback on this page here. With your bike frame, where the frame tubes meet the head tube, that area is quite thick. Which means a conventional bento pack won't fit well. But with the Speedack 483, you can mount it securely anywhere on your top tube. And, if you do want to mount it more forward, the straps on the 483 are long enough to mount on a tube as big as 20-21 cm in circumference. So you've got lots of options.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why do you recommend the 483 in the seduza over the 480? the lack of stem?
The seduza cables dont go in the top tube.
Quote Reply
Re: DSW Speedpack factory 2nds [tvmendoza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tvmendoza wrote:
why do you recommend the 483 in the seduza over the 480? the lack of stem? The seduza cables dont go in the top tube.

You're correct about the cables, they're not the issue. The 480 might work, but the way the downtube and the thick toptube meet and 'blend' on the seduza well before they reach the headtube, that makes that area very large (see pic). If the 480 was mounted there, I think the straps might be at their limits. But the 483 can be mounted slightly more aft (it doesn't need to attach to the steerer or stem) so I think you'd get a better and more secure fit. But to be sure, both Speedpacks could be tested on the frame, and I think it would depend on the frame size, bigger frames might have more space there than smaller frames.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool that makes sense, Ill be ordering a speedpack before the season starts =)
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: DSW Speedpack factory 2nds [tvmendoza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tvmendoza wrote:
Cool that makes sense, Ill be ordering a speedpack before the season starts =)
Thanks

No worries, we should have Speedpacks year-round, but we have very limited numbers of factory 2nds, and mostly in the off-season. So take that into consideration, depending on what you're looking for.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up a 480D a few weeks ago and I have to tell you I was thoroughly impressed with the detail and the quality. These are no cheezy bentos like the generic cr@p at your lbs. I showed it to my wife who commented that you could tell DSW thinks about quality because the type of zipper and the type of stitch or something to that effect (she would know that stuff, I don't).
Keep up the good work!
Quote Reply
Re: DSW Speedpack factory 2nds [jmt8345] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to vouch, I picked up a Factory 2nd from DSW, and I can't even find what makes it a factory 2nd. Could have bought it full price and been none the wiser.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do we go about ordering the factory 2nd's? Also, you may have mentioned it before but I didn't see it. How far back (in inches) does the first velcro strap appear on the 483 and 480? still weighing the options for the seduza. I want to snug it up as close as I can to the stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Andrew, to order a factory 2nd, just send a message (contact info is on our website, or on our ST profile). In your message, please indicate what model you want, and if you prefer a paypal or google email invoice.

If you want the best Speedpack for your seduza, it really depends on what your size of frame looks like near the head tube. For the 483, the most forward strap is about 1 1/4" from the front (so this pack will have to sit well back from your head tube). For the 480, the most forward strap is about 3" from the front of the pack. Here is a pic of a small qr lucero and they managed to get a 480 to fit pretty well. So you might good fit with a 480 as well, it just depends how similar your frame is. In any case, if you purchase a Speedpack and it doesn't fit to your 100% satisfaction, just send it back (in new condition) for a refund. Hope some of this info helps, but, if you got more questions, feel free to ask.

--
Quote Reply
Re: DSW Speedpack factory 2nds [jmt8345] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmt8345 wrote:
I picked up a 480D a few weeks ago and I have to tell you I was thoroughly impressed with the detail and the quality. These are no cheezy bentos like the generic cr@p at your lbs. I showed it to my wife who commented that you could tell DSW thinks about quality because the type of zipper and the type of stitch or something to that effect (she would know that stuff, I don't).
Keep up the good work!

Thanks very much for the good words, we did work hard to make these US-made packs a cut above others on the market. And more innovative things are comin' soon, maybe toward the end of 2013 ...

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump: We still have a few 2nds available, just shoot us an email for info (email address is here, or here).

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
email sent for possibly a 483!

Quote | Reply
Email sent with some questions and got prompt reply. Thank you Greg and looking forward to receiving my 480D.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy crap. Do you people have a life. I sent you an email 7:00 on a Saturday night and get an invoice within hours. Now that is service. Nice job! Now go drink a beer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without the strap to the steerer tube how does the 483 keep from rotating side to side?
Quote Reply
Re: DSW Speedpack factory 2nds [emansun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
emansun wrote:
Without the strap to the steerer tube how does the 483 keep from rotating side to side?

I have a factory second I got before last season (still can't find a defect). The speedpacks have Velcro that you'll add to your top tube that will stop them from moving. I think I could seriously go without the straps at all, the Velcro is so strong.
Quote Reply
Re: DSW Speedpack factory 2nds [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rjrankin83 wrote:
emansun wrote:

I have a factory second I got before last season (still can't find a defect). The speedpacks have Velcro that you'll add to your top tube that will stop them from moving. I think I could seriously go without the straps at all, the Velcro is so strong.

I got my 2nd a couple weeks ago and it looks perfect to me. I can't find the defect either but I'm definitely not complaining about it.
Quote Reply
Re: DSW Speedpack factory 2nds [kquantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kquantum wrote:
I sent you an email 7:00 on a Saturday night and get an invoice within hours. Now that is service. Nice job! Now go drink a beer.

Yes, we aim to please.

And, following your directions: beer supply is dwindling.

--
Quote Reply
Re: DSW Speedpack factory 2nds [emansun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
emansun wrote:
Without the strap to the steerer tube, how does the 483 keep from rotating side to side?

We use a different type of velcro, one that is much stronger, and one that can fasten to the other strap and can also simultaneously fasten to some special high-bond adhesive velcro (supplied with the pack). This combination makes the Speedpack 483 more secure on your top tube then any other bento pack on the market, well, short of bolt-on, direct-mount models like the Speedpack 480D or 483D.

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Feb 11, 13 10:26
Quote Reply

Prev Next