Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brand New Zipp 404 wheels
Quote | Reply
These have been sitting in a temperature controlled closet since Spring 2010. They were custom handbuilt at Zipp Speed Weaponry in Indiana.

I never rode them or glued a tire on them. The rims are ZIPP 404 dimpled tubulars, laced to bright silver Zipp hubs with sapim cx-ray spokes. The lacing pattern is 2x + radial rear and 18 hole radial in front. The rims and spokes are new, the hubs are from 2005, have about 500 miles on them, and have brand new Zipp sealed bearings installed.

The titanium skewers, although not pictured, are included. I can include a set of brand new continental tires (good ones: conti competition for the front and conti sprinter for the rear). I would really like to have had an opportunity to ride this the wheelset, but other obligations are more pressing. No doubt they should go to a good home.

Asking $1400 without tires, or $1475 with tires. The money will pay for 6-12 months worth of diapers.

Some photos here => http://www.flickr.com/...os/40x14/5211876698/

Last edited by: 40x14: Nov 27, 10 9:24
Quote Reply
Re: Brand New Zipp 404 wheels [40x14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
...the hubs are from 2005, have about 500 miles on them...

Brand new?
Quote Reply
Re: Brand New Zipp 404 wheels [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
...the hubs are from 2005, have about 500 miles on them...

Brand new?
The hubs are from a set of wheels that I bought in 2005. Everything else, rims, tires, spokes are from 2010, so it's the newest version of the Zipp rims. In 2010 I sent the wheelset back to Zipp, and they rebuilt them with new rims and spokes.
Quote Reply