Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

54cm Cervelo P2 (Boston Area) For Sale - Pictures
Quote | Reply
I am considering selling my Cervelo P2 as I have both road and mountain bikes and I spend more of my time on those these days as I do more running races than tris and just like to ride for fun.

The bike is a 54cm, silver/red paint scheme with the newer generation seatpost and 3T fork. Bike has never been crashed (some minor nicks and scrathes, but I've taken good care of it and always kept it clean and tuned up).

Bike is pretty much full Dura-Ace 10 speed:
DA10 Shifters, Front and Rear Derailleurs and Brakes (not cheap FSAs or Cervelo house brand)
Shimano Ultegra Chain and 12-25 Cassette
SRAM Carbon Brake Levers
Crankset is Shimano Compact with 165mm Cranks
Aerobar setup is Shimano Pro aluminum basebar with Profile T2+ Cobra Carbon Extension

Edit to add-The bike comes with a Cateye Strada Wireless computer

I want to sell the bike at least as frame/fork/aerobars/groupset and as you can tell was built up pretty much top of the line across the board.

From there, other items are negotiable:

I have a Cobb V-Flow Max saddle on the bike that was just purchased last year-Retail $180

Speedplay Zero Stainless Pedals-Retail $200

I've got a couple wheelset options:
Mavic Kysrium Elite-Retail $675
Fulcrum Racing 5-Retail $450

I'm not expecting to get retail for these items, just putting number out there for comparison sake. I'm in the Boston area and would prefer to sell the bike locally so as to avoid shipping costs, I don't mind driving a little bit or meeting somewhere to make this happen.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

Portside Athletics Blog
Last edited by: SwBkRn44: Jul 10, 12 7:41
Quote Reply
Re: Feeler-54cm Cervelo P2 (Boston Area) [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To answer a question I have received, the bike is a 2009. That year the lower spec'd bikes were blue/silver and the higher spec'd bikes or if you just bought the frameset was red/silver.

I just bought the frameset as I wanted to build it up exactly how I wanted as the brakes, wheels, aerobars and a few other things on the stock build weren't what I wanted. I rode it a bit in 2009, less in 2010 as I was doing more mountain biking and it got almost no use last year as I ran a couple marathons and had bought a new road bike. It hasn't been ridden at all this year, last ride was in a sprint tri last August.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Friday afternoon bump for all those surfing ST waiting for the weekend.

I'll get some pictures up this weekend.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much?
Quote Reply
Re: Feeler-54cm Cervelo P2 (Boston Area) [jenn11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always tend to think the "half of what you paid for it" rule is far when pricing a relatively new used bike in good shape.

A new Ultegra built Cervelo P2 retails for $2,800. That's without pedals so that's $3,000 right there. Between the saddle, wheels and tires, brake calipers and levers, and the fact that it's a full Dura-Ace build it's another ~$1,500 worth of upgrades. So for the whole thing complete I'd like to get ~$2,250 or so, but I'd be willing to reduce that a bit if you didn't want the wheels and tires as I'd have use for them.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email sent to you as I cannot pm...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Friday afternoon bump. Had some out of town interest, but would first like to see if I could sell this locally to avoid having to worry about packing and shipping.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wish I was local, would def. consider... closest I'll get to you is Reston, VA within the next month, though =(
Quote Reply
Re: Feeler-54cm Cervelo P2 (Boston Area) [mvanis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An update with prices and shipping information.

Complete bike, as pictured with wheels, pedals, saddle $2,000

If you didn't want the wheels/tires/cassette, subtract $300.
If you didn't want the pedals or saddle, subtract $100 for each of those (So $1,500 for the bike without wheels, pedals or saddle).

I called the local bike shop and packing for the bike would be $55 and that includes the box they'd pack it in. They charge a flat fee of $120 for shipping. So total you'd be $175.

I took the wheels off the bike and there are a pair of scratches, one under where the rear brake is and one inside the chainstay, from something getting caught in the tire and then passing through those tight spaces. I had the shop look at them and it's nothing structural, just cosmetic, and you only see them when the rear wheel is off and you are looking for them.

Taking that into account, I'll cover $75 of the $175 packing and shipping cost, so if you're not local to the Boston area add $100 to get the bike to your door.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, is this still available?
Quote Reply