Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

54 cm Calfee, 650 wheels, price lowered till I sell it!!! Now $1100
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I tried to sell my Calfee Luna-Tri on ebay last week, but the reserve price wasn't met. I think the reserve was very reasonable, $1300, but I wonder if I'm selling at the wrong time of year. To test the waters, I'm going to keep dropping the price on ST until I either get too low to bother selling or someone buys it. This is a great bike, it just never has fit me quite right and I have a new road bike that I love, so I find that I've stopped riding the Calfee altogether.

All the details on geometry and components are listed on the ebay listing. 650 wheels, Bontrager Race Lite wheels, Dura Ace front and rear derailleur, Ultegra elsewhere.

I can take more photos or do other things to prove this is legit, no worries I won't be insulted. I'd do the same thing if I was buying it. If you live in or near Spokane, WA I'd be glad to let you ride it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Feel free to PM me questions or post questions here. Thanks!

If you're not familiar with Calfees, you might search that name on slowtwitch. I know Dan has referred to Craig Calfee's bikes a number of times in the past as one of carbon bike makers who "gets it" and builds a very high quality bike.

Current price is $1200 and I'll cover the costs to ship in the US, professionally packed by my LBS.
Last edited by: Colin: Nov 7, 05 9:19
Quote Reply
Re: 54 cm Calfee, 650 wheels, price lowered till I sell it!!! [Colin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
650c and round tubes? Gonna be a tough sell.
Quote Reply
Re: 54 cm Calfee, 650 wheels, price lowered till I sell it!!! [caleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And it's green and has a measly 9 gears in back. Holy crap, it is a wonder a person could even ride it!! :)
Quote Reply
Re: 54 cm Calfee, 650 wheels, price lowered till I sell it!!! [Colin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone interested at $1100 and I cover shipping costs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
man you should be able to get more than $1100 for this, granted round tubes and 650 are tough but I think if you wait around long enough and pimp your description a bit (maybe mention how damn light this frame is, original price, cool green paint, etc) you will get your asking price and maybe more. Did you post on roadbikereview.com???? Cost a couple of bucks but it's worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: 54 cm Calfee, 650 wheels, price lowered till I sell it!!! [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree...you can't find a better bike, especially one with a full carbon frame and some DA components for anywhere near this price. I think I picked the wrong time of year to post if for sale!
Thanks for pimping the ad for me! I figured people either know about Calfees or they don't and if they don't know and trust the brand there is nothing I could add to entice them.
Thanks for the roadbikereview.com recommendation. I'll think I'll wait until spring and try here and ebay and maybe there and see if there is more demand.
Quote Reply