Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2009 Felt B12 50cm 650c CUSTOMIZED
Quote | Reply
Ok, so here's the situation...

My wife and I just bought a house in Beaverton, Oregon on a little street called Kestrel Ct. She already rides an older Airfoil Pro as her roadie, but used it as a TT bike previously, and really loved that configuration as well. I've got a line on another Kestrel of the same size, and would like to swap her out as a surprise.

Here is her current steed, a 2009 Felt B12:

As you can see, there are a lot of non-standard parts on this beauty. The fork has been replaced with a Reynolds Ouzo Pro Aero, custom formed to fit the downtube-headtube profile. I still have the original as well that I will be including in the sale. The seatpost cluster has been updated the the stainless steel replacement part, and I have a second, dual position post that you are welcome to if you want it.

The front brake is a T925.1R, seen here: http://www.trpbrakes.com/...tid=182&subcat=0

The front fairing may or may not be legal where you race. Around here, nobody really cares, so I though...why not? It's about double the depth of the Felt Bayonet 2 system at 9cm, and covers up the entire front cable route and the brake. I switched this out from a T725R centerpull recently, because the braking feels more stable to my wife. I would like to include at least the stem and the aerobars, as they are a pretty integral part of the fairing system.

Down to the nitty gritty - I have CFD'd the fairing design in SolidWorks, and it shows a drag reduction of 45g at 0 degrees, up to a maximum of 60g at about 15 degrees. It really is a solid improvement.

I don't want to sell the wheels, rear derailleur, or crankset/bb, or saddle but everything else can be included if you want it. I can come up with a different set of wheels if you need them, just not the rear 404 powertap! The aerobars are the Profile Lightning Stryke center mount model, and the base bar is a Syntace Stratos CX.

I'm thinking the frame is worth about $800, and the cockpit another $200. I'm not looking to get a ton out of this, just enough to grab another Airfoil by the time we take possession of the house on 8/15. So you know...tell me what you're interested in, and make an offer.

Chris
Last edited by: chicanery: Jun 27, 12 8:56
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Felt B12 50cm 650c CUSTOMIZED [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BUMP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that a home-made nosecone ?
:-)
free bump
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Felt B12 50cm 650c CUSTOMIZED [tripot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's made in my shop, of the finest 2x2 twill carbon fiber. Tested in Solidworks 2012 for drag improvement. Slightly flexible to allow the brake to activate without making it too huge.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be interested in this bike at the price you mentioned. I cannot send a pm, sorry. Let me know if it is still available.

Justin
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Felt B12 50cm 650c CUSTOMIZED [jmg_look] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is. I haven't really been actively trying to dump it.

Email is chris at operationcsquared.com
Quote Reply