Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
**WTB Complete Tri bike!! I have $3000**
Quote | Reply
I am entertaining the idea of purchasing a new bike. I think i'll probably need a 55-57cm frame. I am 5'11-6' and I believe I have a normal length torso. I don't have a set of racing wheels, so a decent set of wheels needs to be included (don't need extremely expensive wheels, just something halfway decent).
Let's see what you got! I have $2000.
Last edited by: DerBoeseKoenig: Apr 1, 10 15:58
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Complete Tri bike!! I have $2000 [DerBoeseKoenig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can get a p2 for that brand new...

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Complete Tri bike!! I have $2000 [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems everyone has a cervelo. I want something slightly different. I like Felt, Quintana Roo, Blue, Trek, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a reason everyone has a cervelo. ;-)

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ive got a '08 Kuota K-Factor SL for sale, with Ultegra SL components, full carbon, carbon seat post, Easton EA 50SL wheels, Carbon Profile Design X1.5 super upgraded aero bars and carbon brake levers ($750 retail for these). Perfect condition . $1900 shipped. let me know if you're interested.

Ryan Borger - Denver, CO: Realtor. Former pro triathlete/coach. Cancer survivor. podiumproperties.com
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Complete Tri bike!! I have $2000 [rundutch22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://shop.sunrisecyclery.com/item/36378/
$1999 shipped, brand new. I think you'd have to come down some.
Last edited by: DerBoeseKoenig: Mar 8, 10 21:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
https://shop.sunrisecyclery.com/item/36378/
$1999 shipped, brand new. I think you'd have to come down some.

That one has Ultegra components, mine has Ultegra SL. My aero bars are a carbon set retail price is $400 above those alumnium ones, and mine have carbon brake levers, as well as the top FSA ceramic bearing bottom bracket. And no tax/shipping charge from me.

Ryan Borger - Denver, CO: Realtor. Former pro triathlete/coach. Cancer survivor. podiumproperties.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, i'll keep that in mind. Also, i'm curious--how much do you think your bike weighs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ok, i'll keep that in mind. Also, i'm curious--how much do you think your bike weighs?

That is a good question, it's very light. I would think we could find the weight online fairly easily at least of the frame for sure to compare to other frames. I'll try to find out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I calculated about 18.6-18.7 lb.
lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only difference between Ultegra and Ultegra SL is the color. They are mechanically the same.

In Reply To:

That one has Ultegra components, mine has Ultegra SL. My aero bars are a carbon set retail price is $400 above those alumnium ones, and mine have carbon brake levers, as well as the top FSA ceramic bearing bottom bracket. And no tax/shipping charge from me.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Complete Tri bike!! I have $2000 [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultegra SL is lighter than Ultegra though right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you see my classified? I am selling a Ultegra equipped Leader with Flashpoint 80 wheels and a Cervelo CL fork and a wireless PowerTap for $2000. It only has 500 miles on everything.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ring=leader;#2732585
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am selling a QR Ti-Phoon. The TT is 58cm and the HT is 15cm. I am 6'1" with a longish torso and it works for me. Oval bars. Dura Ace components. HED 90cm and 70cm deep wheels and new tires with 0 miles and some collected dust. I can e-mail pics if you are interested.

Cheers,
Greg
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Complete Tri bike!! I have $2000 [Artificial] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You "really" need a classic Cervelo P3 like this one:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want something more unusual I have a GT Vengeance complete with race wheels and a powertap.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Complete Tri bike!! I have $2000 [Artificial] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am selling a QR Ti-Phoon. The TT is 58cm and the HT is 15cm. I am 6'1" with a longish torso and it works for me. Oval bars. Dura Ace components. HED 90cm and 70cm deep wheels and new tires with 0 miles and some collected dust. I can e-mail pics if you are interested.

Cheers,
Greg

WOW!!! If the wheels are 70/90cm deep, how big are they??? ;-)

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Complete Tri bike!! I have $2000 [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops, mm. The wheels are the hoops from a couple of Penny-Farthings from the 70's. The 1870's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Isn't it called the sheep syndrome? Just like if people see a line, they will stand in it? Also said, if every-one else jumped off the bridge, would you?
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Complete Tri bike!! I have $2000 [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Call it what you want but I find it funny people chose to ride a bike that is slower according to data but less people have it, but to each their own...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And I always thought the fastest bike was the bike that fits the rider the best.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Complete Tri bike!! I have $2000 [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude if I did not have three bike already I would buy Rundutch's Kouta !!!!

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

To buy a bike b/c of a name is about as bright as the light bulb that is our Congress if you truly want maximum performance. Buy a bike that fits, not a cyborg Frankenstein made to fit you b/c you want a fargin label. It's kind of hard to argue with fitting data these days....it just works.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Complete Tri bike!! I have $2000 [ride2eat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else?

P.S., I love carbon fiber! lol
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Complete Tri bike!! I have $2000 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still looking, but will probably go with a new PX Stealth Pro. Still entertaining offers, whatcha got? I'll go to $3000.
Quote Reply

Prev Next