Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

**Bought** WTB: HELP-need 1" threaded fork, I think
Quote | Reply
Need some ST help and your old fork if you have one.
I am fixing my old bike. The fork is shot/bent/broken from a wreck yeeears ago. I am not a mechanic by any stretch. I took the fork off and measured the following:

1" threaded fork
This is an older steel bike, the style of stem is the "quil" type that inserts into the headtube and tightens with an allen screw. Old fork measured ~7.75 inches of steerer tube if that matters , threaded portion is 1 inch, diameter of tube is one inch. I dont know if I need the same type (old fashioned) fork/headset or if newer styles work also.

Dont want to spend alot, but if you have an old fork and/or headset, let me know.. Thx Bob
Last edited by: Bobby Booshay: May 17, 11 20:07
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: HELP-need 1" threaded fork, I think [Bobby Booshay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you looking for a nice threaded fork, or one that will make your bike work?
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: HELP-need 1" threaded fork, I think [ispingarn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is for my old track bike. I want to start training/riding a fixie one day a week. To your question, I could go either way, but just looking to get it operational as quickly as I can and not looking to break the bank by putting a lot into this, lower end might be better at this point. What do have? thx bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a couple, but they're both 650 wheel size... PM if that's what you need.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: HELP-need 1" threaded fork, I think [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brider wrote:
I've got a couple, but they're both 650 wheel size... PM if that's what you need.

size 700, so the 650's won't work. Thank you though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one, if you don't care about the color (or if you want kind of a dark turquoise blue). The length does matter more so than for a newer threadless style, since there are only threads cut into the last couple inches, so you can't just cut it down more than a little bit if it's too long (of course neither will work if it's too short, duh). I'll try to rememebr to measure mine and let you know for sure. Also have a couple old headsets that should work; worst case might be mxing the upper & lower half from 2 different ones.
Quote Reply