Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [dudemanppl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First of all I am sorry to hear this happened and is still ongoing.
Second, you likely saved me from a pretty serious headache or financial quagmire by posting this, so thank you.
I'd like to Venmo you $5 as a small token of gratitude, just let me know where to send it to.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [unitedathletica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unitedathletica wrote:
Have you ever been shipped anything fedex to canada It’s like going to the dentist :) Most of the items were in retail packages And labels new
Keep in mind you’re proposing a hypothesis based on your past experience. I wish they would have used usps/ post canada nothing ever gets hit with duty.

As well as the battery charger there is no E tube from Junction in the rear to the battery so the group was unuseable for me to ship.
Its a $30 cabel @ wheels of bloor but its more about he frustration of being irnored why i tried to initiate a return , and being booted by the the seller.

I Have the receipt of what I was charged by the Forwarding company this is one of the documents I forwarded to PayPal when they We’re evaluating my case.

It was my choice to import , it was not my choice to get a partial set up.

If the seller would have been willing to accept return when i first requested it
I had a friend travalling to Rochester

Also at the time i had not recieved my invoive from the shipping company.
I get a By weekly invoice everything they ship oht for me.

Thanks for your imput

I already have a headache reading this....

Here is my take.

It sounds like your operating as a business, so if that's the case- why the hell are you buying stuff to resell on forums? Beyond that, why would you expect business class service and a customer service return department? Let alone, for the seller to eat the shipping charges.

If you were able to pick up the goods from the US address you provided, why don't you give back to the US address you provided, then use the shipping label the seller gave you for the US address?

If it means anything, I never expect refunds on forum deals or eBay for that matter. I have purchased items in error and sellers would not allow refunds. I simply resold the items on eBay or the forum.

Funny how I'm literally watching a di2 group on eBay now. Lol
I would buy the groupo and get it off your hands and the seller, but it obviously doesn't seem like I could trust I would get it!
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just an update, still working with him on this but at least he's responding.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [dudemanppl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dudemanppl wrote:
Just an update, still working with him on this but at least he's responding.

Good luck-hope it all works out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Resolved yet? (and a bump)
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [kram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hes about to pay me back I think
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's selling them on FB right now in both of the triathlon sale pages.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [HM3Malek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh oh, screenshot please?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is by far the most entertaining thread on slowtwitch this year

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He deleted the posts I linked this thread to but he still has other groups he's trying to sell in.

http://imgur.com/BGGF8Lu
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [HM3Malek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So my guess would be that he is looking to sell the set to get the $$ he needs to pay you back because shipping the set would cost him too much extra $$. Based on what has happened so far I would also guess that if he sells your stuff at a loss........that is what he is going to offer to pay you back.

Keep up the faith my brother!

HM3Malek wrote:
He deleted the posts I linked this thread to but he still has other groups he's trying to sell in.

http://imgur.com/BGGF8Lu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garry told me to delete my post before he sends my money back. I think thats ridiculous, but I don't really care since his reputation is gone anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dudemanppl wrote:
Garry told me to delete my post before he sends my money back. I think thats ridiculous, but I don't really care since his reputation is gone anyway.

Bet you $4 vs $5CAD you don't get your money back...Good luck, hope it works out.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [pots4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pots4 wrote:
dudemanppl wrote:

Bet you $4 vs $5CAD you don't get your money back...Good luck, hope it works out.

I wish you weren't right on that...

Holy shit I hope nobody ever has to deal with him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dudemanppl wrote:
pots4 wrote:
dudemanppl wrote:

Thanks for taking one for the team to prove what a scammer he is instead of deleting it like he asked, getting your money back (theoretically) and letting everything think it worked out okay, even if it took longer than it should.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope he shows up to a race and fellow STers recognize his name, call him out on his shit.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [Im-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anytime this guy posts stuff for sale on here we should make a reply and remind everyone of this. This guy is bad news.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dudemanppl wrote:
pots4 wrote:
dudemanppl wrote:

Does Garry not realize that only the admins can completely remove an entire thread/post? One can only delete their own comments or posts only but not all of the responses by other parties and definitely not an entire thread.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Nov 29, 17 6:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
THIS GUY IS SO DIM. He says he is trying to get site admins to delete the thread BEFORE sending my money back OR my items. He’s about to get himself banned. What an idiot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Gary has the product which was originally shipped to USA and then relocates the item to Canada, deciding it's too late to receive the misplaced battery and wants a refund. Money is refunded and Gary wants additional funds for duties and fees to ship back product out of now Canada when it was originally shipped to USA, requiring no duties and fees.

It takes feedback from the Slowtwitch and Facebook world for him to finally decide he's just going to return the original payment and keep the product. However, to make it more difficult and have the last word, he is holding payment in exchange for having his name wiped clean...

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. If Gary wants to make things right, he needs to apologize and hope to do business with others in the future. If he feels differently, then he's hurting his chances of gaining trust as a seller and buyer.

I hope this gets reconciled.

"Heart Rate, Watts, I have no idea, I race, I don't pace." Andrew Starykowicz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dudemanppl wrote:
THIS GUY IS SO DIM. He says he is trying to get site admins to delete the thread BEFORE sending my money back OR my items. He’s about to get himself banned. What an idiot.

I still think you should put a call in to the Ontario police.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
dudemanppl wrote:

I still think you should put a call in to the Ontario police.

Still think it points to "he doesn't have the money or the parts" theory...

Step it up to fraud and have Paypal and the Ontario police take it from here-you have more than enough info for them to deal with it.

Good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [adktriguy46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adktriguy46 wrote:
Anytime this guy posts stuff for sale on here we should make a reply and remind everyone of this. This guy is bad news.

Agreed

And Bump
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [kram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kram wrote:
adktriguy46 wrote:

Agreed

And Bump

BUMP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update:

He actually sent my money back! But ya know, don't do business with him.
Quote Reply

Prev Next