Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

shoe experts, please advise
Quote | Reply
I need help choosing a good training shoe. There are no running specialty shops within a hundred miles of me, so that's not really an option.

I run about 4-5 times per week, average run length is 5-6 miles at a 7:40 pace (slower when I run with my wife; faster when I'm motivated). Once per week I run stairs/hills.

I am about 5'9.5", weigh about 160 (a bit chunky right now ... still have yet to lose the winter blubber layer) and generally wear a 9.5 shoe, standard width.

My problem: I tend to roll my ankles out when I run (under-pronate) and I'm prone to mild cases of plantar fascitis. I also have a history of knee injuries.

I currently run in a pair of Asics Nimbus, that are 'alright' but my heel slips noticeably. The heel slip isn't a problem at my current distances, but I think it could be problematic at longer distances (which are imminent).

Any suggestions ... I've tried RoadRunners shoe finder thing, but am dubious of such a scattershot approach!

Thank you.

Jason

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: shoe experts, please advise [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try a Brooks Dyad II, wide & stable base yet a nuetral shoe with plenty of cushioning for a big guy. For the plantar pain, add in Superfeet insole to the Dyad. The Superfeet tend to be one of the better insoles for plantar problems as the arch is located a bit farther back and extends to the lateral edge of the foot as well as the normal medial support.
Quote Reply