Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Semi-Camp retrospective
Quote | Reply
Dan - thanks for putting the challenge out there!

This was the most training I've done in one week in my entire life: (Swam: 13,500 meters, Bike: 265 miles, Run: 32 miles)

What I found out was my legs got really thrashed by day 7. Rode a very hard 70 miler on Saturday and that was the end for me. Needed to rest today and will probably rest again on Monday so that I can get back on my normal training schedule.

I'm wondering if I will feel a boost in fitness from this? I know for sure my swimming got easier by the end of the week, my last session was an open water 2 miler which I did at race pace and felt strong the whole way. I felt OK on the bike at the end, except I had nothing in my legs for the hills - I was crawling up them at the end.

I'm doing Ironman CDA this year. My hope is to not have to back off this volume too much.....and start buliding the long bike to over 100 miles. I'm betting going 100 miles next weekend will feel better than my last 70 mile ride during Semi Camp.

Now I have a Semi-Camp baseline. Maybe in the future I can challenge myself to beat my points.

Good job everyone!

-TxDude
Quote Reply
Re: Semi-Camp retrospective [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'm wondering if I will feel a boost in fitness from this?'

in a week you'll be a new man.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Semi-Camp retrospective [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep. likely going to be toast this week...but rest well and next week, you will feel great!
Quote Reply