Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Society [SlayerHatebreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done, Slayer. I do this periodocially around the harbour shoreline where I live, fortunately the beach on the other side of the spit doesn't get littered.

Strange given that the only reason one would walk around the harbour is to enjoy the beauty and solitide of the shoreline and yet they litter when they are there, bizarre!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Society [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man!

One thing that confused me yesterday when I was litter pickin' was that I saw a few poweraid/gatorade bottles.. usually I associate littering and apathy regarding environment with apathy regarding one's health (given that these sports drinks seem to be consumed by a healthier part of the population).

Plenty of cigarette packs, soda cups... and one codom wrapper, delicious.

Quite a big night for some: stop at McDonalds, enjoy a post feeding smoke, then sex with your best gal/guy. Priceless.
Quote Reply
Re: Society [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is interesting actually. I think collectively we as a people do very well. People all seem to come together for good causes and to do good things, like find a child or come together after 9/11. I think where the issues seem to crop up are when people start thinking and acting as an individual and not looking around at everyone else.
Quote Reply
Re: Society [SlayerHatebreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are some really confusing people out there aren't there? Lucky for the others that there ae people like you and I and Anypants that are prepared to do something positive around still.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Society [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My $0.02:

Something I try *very* hard to remind myself when I get frustrated/annoyed/discouraged with all the mean people out there is that I can not control other people, I can only control how I react to other people. And on the occassions that I am actually able to practice that it takes a lot of stress off my shoulders.

There will always be mean people around - why waste my time and energy on them when there are lots of great people in my life who make this planet a better place?

I try to be one of the good people and hope that maybe in doing so, I am setting a good example for someone out there...
Quote Reply
Re: Society [Fitnesscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in a more gentler part of the country (like where my BF lives in OH, where people are more 'simple' than 'a$$hole', like here in DC). I can feel my sphincter tighten when I drive towards DC
---
Gee, thanks! I guess I was one of them when I lived in DC proper. I'm sure none of those people hire you as a fitnesscoach, right? How's the market in OH?

As an aside, do you *really* think people in DC or elsewhere can't tell that you just hate to be there at the moment? They may not be as stupid as you think they are.
===

Here's my theory on society:
80% are "rubes"
15% are mean/cruel/vicious/criminal/sociopaths
5% are 'aware' (this means understanding "it" : life, spiritual connection between us all, having a soul, whatever you want to call it)

I feel I am called to help people move towards 'awareness'.... yet I can't do anything about those who want to stay in the dark.
---
Holy crap... that's got to be one of the most offensive, narrow-minded and arrogant statements I've read in a long time... just make sure those "a$$holes" (out of curiosity: are they the rubes, the sociopaths, or the enlightened ones?) are aware of that when you go down next time. You know, fair warning and all that.
===
Quote Reply
Re: Society [JoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahahaha! PLease don't take my post here too seriously :) It's the Lavendar room after all :)

"that's got to be one of the most offensive, narrow-minded and arrogant statements I've read in a long time"

:) Please see above about not taking this seriously... also please know that I also believe that people can, in an instant, go from being 'in the dark' to 'awake'. Like the people who suddenly say to themselves, "Wow, I think I need to exercise. I don't like what I look like or feel like": they wake up :)

If you knew me more than this post, (even as a friend or a client) , you may discover I am problem-solving and positive. So don't worry too much about this post :)

-------------------------

Lauren Muney
certified physical fitness trainer
certified health coach
wellcoach
http://www.physicalmind.com

There is no escape from your life... solve the problems and get on with it.

"Just tell her you love her and you think she kicks ass" ~AndrewinNH

"I'm moving [Lauren] to guru status" ~Last Tri in 83
Last edited by: Fitnesscoach: Jul 5, 06 14:23
Quote Reply
Re: Society [yaneh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. You can only control your actions and reactions.

Oh and you rock ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply

Prev Next