Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For ST People who have 5th tires mounted on the rear.
Quote | Reply
Do you use a locking type lugnut or do you loop it with a bike type lock or is there something else to keep these from walking away by removing three lugs. I know if they want it they can get it, along with the other hour that are on the truck and the truck--but as it sits now, it is so easy I am having to hold myself back from stealing them off other people's trucks.

I saw one of these (hope it is not a red X):

Last edited by: Monk: Jul 2, 06 15:03
Quote Reply
Re: For ST People who have 5th tires mounted on the rear. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In case you are wondering what monk is talking about

Re: For ST People who have 5th tires mounted on the rear. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a Trooper in 1992 and just got rid of it a couple of months ago. Never had a lock on the spare. That's either saying something about the area I live in or the Trooper's popularity. The antenna was stolen off of it, though.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 33 on the back of my jeep and just use a cable lock looped through it. Not much security for the replacement cost I guess. I have worried it will walk away even with the lock and probably should get something a bit more fromidable. How much is that thing? It sure would suck to replace it if it were stolen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a locking nut on my spare, it came with the car as standard and requires a special bit to get it off.....but if it gets stolen the bastard who takes it will deserve all he/she gets. There's a quarter sized hole in the sidewall of the tire which could blow at any minute. I drove over a thrown snow chain on the way back from Tahoe last winter and it trashed the tire and smashed a fog lamp....never gotten around to switching it out, just put it on the spare mount.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Last edited by: MattinSF: Jul 5, 06 11:23
Quote Reply
Re: For ST People who have 5th tires mounted on the rear. [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a quarter sized hole in the sidewall of the tire which could blow at any minute

So, ah, not much of a "spare" is it? :)
Quote Reply