Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Olympic Hall of Fame Voting Plea
Quote | Reply
Voting is currently going on for the 2004 inductees into the Olympic Hall of Fame. The popular vote counts for 20%. You can vote at www.usolympicteam.com.

There are some interesting choices in both the individual and team catagories, but for the first time you are also asked to vote for a Paralympic inductee. You may or may not be familiar with the Paralympics, but it is head every 4 years just after the Olympics and in the same venues as the Olympics. The events contested are pretty much all the same as those contested in the Olympics but they are contested by folks with physical disabilities. This is not the Special Olympics (not that they are not important as well). The athletes for the most part have either congenital disabilities or have been in an accident of some sort that has left them paralyzed or with an amputation. The competition is fierce.

What I am building up to is a request that you vote for Chicago's very own Linda Mastandrea. She took a silver and gold on the track at Atlanta in 1996 and despite being retired from competition for 4 years still holds 4 out of 5 world records in her class. She is also a prominent local ADA attorney and motivational speaker. I think she deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. But then I was her coach from 1992 until her retirement in 2000 so maybe I am biased.

Thank you for your support.
Last edited by: oglethorpe: Mar 17, 04 10:40
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic Hall of Fame [oglethorpe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on guys. I'll post ever 5 minutes to keep this at the top of the list if I have to. Do something totally altruistic today!! Vote!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic Hall of Fame [oglethorpe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply