Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Most Ironman Finishes of All time: Who's the Winner
Quote | Reply
Ok, guys were talking about Glah having finished 48 Ironmans. I was wondering who is the winner of most Ironmans of all time. Glah must be up there, so must be Tinley. I'd Imagine that Paula Newby Fraser must be up in the 30s as is Joe Boness. Heather Fuhr must be up there too. Zack has done over 10 Ironman Hawaii races, so I'd suspect he too is in the 30's. Hellriegel must be in the high 20's or low 30's with 9 races in Hawaii alone, plus a yearly German Ironmans and often a couple of others per year thrown in there. How about Molina ? Perhaps he has covered the most veritcal distance in Ironmans with events like Embrunman and World'sToughest Tri (that used to be longer than an Ironman as Dan pointed out), to his palmares. I'm sure there are some age groupers out there also knocking of Ironmans at a four event per year pace. Any stats geeks out there so can determine is Glah is in the lead or not ?
Quote Reply
Re: Most Ironman Finishes of All time: Who's the Winner [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a Japanese gentleman age grouper who went over 50 Ironman finishes several years ago. I am sure he has added more since. And these were actual individual races. Joe Bonness has 38 finishes.

There are several age groupers who count "multi-ironman distance" events as individual finishes, like "the Double Deca" as 10 Ironman finishes. That's not quite the same as ten individual events. I think Paula and Ken Glah have it when you say "raced" Ironman.

Support Crew

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Ironman Finishes of All time: Who's the Winner [support crew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't really know how you would count the double deca ? Is it ten Ironman finishes. They certainly cover the distance ! Regardless, my question really pertains to the how many times 2.4/112/26.2 ?
Quote Reply
Re: Most Ironman Finishes of All time: Who's the Winner [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Kevin Moats is in the 30's as is Hansjoerg Faessler from Switzerland. As for Pros there are some sleepers like Jason Shortis and Peter Kotland who have done a ton of 'em.
Quote Reply