Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Canada signups
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to signup for IM Canada without being on site and standing in line?

Do they have Internet signups? I want to do 05, but I heard that IMCDA was the toughest ticket to get in town.

Advise is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada signups [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look it up on the internet dummy! For those interested.

www.ironman.ca/entry.html RACE ENTRY

There is no online general entry for Ironman Canada.

IN-PERSON REGISTRATION

On Monday, day after race day, you can sign up at the Lakeside Hotel on Okanagan Lake. Entry fee is $550 Cdn or $400 USD. Payment can be made by money order or personal cheque, made payable to Ironman Canada, or charge card. If you will not be able to attend this registration you may have someone sign up on your behalf. Each person present can register themselves and one other. Applications are not available in advance so make sure that person has all your pertinent information such as name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, birth date, emergency contact, occupation, employer name, medical concerns if any. For a printable list of what you need to know, click here. Please be aware that the waiver/release portion of the form must be signed on your behalf.

ONLINE LOTTERY

Ironman Canada allocates any remaining spots to Active.com for an online lottery. On the Tuesday following the race, the lottery sign up will open on Active.com. It will be available to all interested for exactly 2 weeks. The sign up will close on that Monday, two weeks after opening, at midnight. There is an Active.com fee of $20. to participate in their lottery process. By Friday of that week, the winners will be chosen and all applicants will be notified by email whether they were selected or not. A link to the winners list will also be posted on this page. Those selected will then be required to submit the full entry fee to confirm their spot in the race.

UPDATE: 150 SLOTS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE 2004 LOTTERY

2004 Online Lottery is now closed.

OTHER WAYS TO ENTER

There may be Community Fund slots available or you can qualify for an entry slot at many races during the year. Detailed information can be found through the links listed below.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is one athlete still allowed to register another athlete at the race site for the next year's event?

A buddy of mine is doing the race and he asked me if I wanted him to sign me up for the '05 race. I was like "yeah!" but I'm not sure if they even allow that anymore. Anyone know?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada signups [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom:

A participant can before noon get in line and sign up for next years race. They can then get in line after noon and sign up another person. Last year I called around and found 3 locals who waited in line and signed 2 of my friends and myself up for this year’s race. The tradition of the race is in jeopardy…most likely the out and back run into OK Falls along Skaha Lake is going to change to a looped course through town.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My girlfriend and I signed up one person each last August. Your only allowed to sign up one person at a time though.

You can sign up more than one person (despite what it says), but... you would have had to go to the back of the line and wait another 2-3 hours?! No thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada signups [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be a huge shame. The attraction of the event is the course (and the people in Penticton).

I hope they don;t change the course. How much of a sure thing is that?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada signups [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the course change is new to me...it was changed this past summer b/c of all the smoke...but there hadn't been talk about changing it permanently...(unless just recently)...

it was fun...but 3 laps for a marathon BLOWS!

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The other "easy" way to get in is to do a qualifier. The past few years, the half-IM in Peterborough has had 20 or so slots and they roll down very very far into the field since the half is in July (the 11th this year) and unless you are putting in the training in hopes of getting a spot there, many don't bother to take one 6 weeks out for a race on the other side of the country. The next time that I plan on doing IMC, this is the route that I'll take (plus you don't have to send off all that money a year in advance!)
Quote Reply