Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What happened to Spring?
Quote | Reply
Ok, so the high was in the upper 60's a couple of weeks ago. The last two days it's hit 90, which feels like 100 when it hasn't been above 75 in months. I rode until dark in a sleeveless jersey today. We had a record high yesterday. How are you supposed to acclimate when the temp jumps 20 degrees in less than a week? I've been running up to an hour w/o fluids and today I nearly died. I'm all for it getting warmer, but I'd rather take it in small doses.

What's the weather like where you are? Any other strange happenings?
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to Spring? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I just checked. It's dark outside and it's 80 degrees. What's going on? It's March 9th!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Friday I ran in a Tshirt and Shorts. Now I'm back in full winter gear. F**king winter!!!

I'm a runner pretending to be a Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to Spring? [Farrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was 92 in phoenix today. This weekend I got sunburnt sat and sun. I reapplied sunscreen 4 times during my 4hr ride. Still got refried.
I want more cool weather!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: What happened to Spring? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm hearin' ya. I went to the noon masters practice the last 2 days and got a nice little sun burn for my troubles. I then went for a little 25 mile ride after work and felt like I sweated out almost as many fluids as Tom D!

The 6:30 run was really nice this morning though!

Ed

LLLEEEEEEEEEEEERRRROOOYYY JEEENNNNNKKKIIINNNNNS!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heh, last week it hit mid 60's here (Boston area). Yesterday and they day before it snowed most of the day. Tomorrow, more snow. I want that 60° weather back now thank you...

Ryan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe the men under 5'8" took it away :P

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nürnberg: it's 30°F outside, the streets are covered with snow and I just finished another 3hr marathon on the trainer. Gotta love the south German climate...
Hopefully next weekend I'm boarding to Brazil for two weeks vacations back at home and will be able to put out the short sleeve jerseys..

Greetings,

Ricardo Wickert | Team Magnesium Pur - Germany | My sporadically updated blog: The Thin Grad Line | My team-issued TT bike: Trek Speed Concept 9

2015 Sponsors & Partners: Magnesium Pur | Ullmax | B&W Bike Cases | Ristorante La Dolce Vita | Trek Bikes via Bici-Sport Binder
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh boo hoo. Are your golden biking shoes too tight also? : ) I would kill for some warm weather!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to ride in a sleeveless jersey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here in the Piedmont area of NC:

3.5 weeks ago we got temps in the low 70's after a winter of temps that had stayed about 10 degrees below normal (normal low 50's, this winter low 40's & below).

2.5 weeks ago we got the 3rd largest snowfall in the area's recorded history (18").

1.5 weeks ago we had temps reach the low 80's.

Yesterday we had a winter storm advisory (never materialized).

Seems Mother Nature just can't make up her mind. I sure hope she is in a good mood 10 days from now, as I have my first sprint tri of the season (indoor swim, outdoor bike & run).

Quote | Reply
Jaylew buddy, let's KEEP this nice weather! I have 100 mile ride on the books for Sunday, so I'd prefer some heat and sun.

Near 80F and sunny (again) in sf today

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to Spring? [tricyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Here in the Piedmont area of NC:

3.5 weeks ago we got temps in the low 70's after a winter of temps that had stayed about 10 degrees below normal (normal low 50's, this winter low 40's & below).

2.5 weeks ago we got the 3rd largest snowfall in the area's recorded history (18").

1.5 weeks ago we had temps reach the low 80's.

Yesterday we had a winter storm advisory (never materialized).
Now that's crazy!
Quote Reply