Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dan Millman
Quote | Reply
A friend suggested a couple of Dan Millman books - The Way of the Peaceful Warrior & Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior. I have heard of the writer, but wanted to elicit some feedback on either of the books for this well read audience. Good/bad? Checking out B&N, it seems more life oriented versus sports psychology oriented. Just curious what others, who've read them, thought. Thanks in advance.

--------
"When you stop trading time for money, and spending money to eat up time, you opt out of a perpetual cycle that is keeping you basically imprisoned in a corporate system."
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Millman [marmentrout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Way of the Peaceful Warrior is pretty good. Its an entertaining, quick read and I'd say it can apply to life and sport.

I heard a rumor that it may become a movie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan is fab. Whenever I find one of his books at a sale I buy and give to friends. It will change your life. I read Sacred Journey every October before heading to Kona. Simple and magical. Paradox, humor, change.
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Millman [MoRacin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Way of the Peaceful Warrior is pretty good. Its an entertaining, quick read and I'd say it can apply to life and sport.

I heard a rumor that it may become a movie.
http://www.apple.com/...ate/peacefulwarrior/

--------
"When you stop trading time for money, and spending money to eat up time, you opt out of a perpetual cycle that is keeping you basically imprisoned in a corporate system."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read them years ago (late 80's) and have reread all/part of them again several times since. Great books - got to suspend disbelief some but the antecdotes and lessons are certainly worthwhile. Like some of your other replies, I've also given copies to friends (which is how I got mine).

Definately recommend reading at least the Way - it really will make you think, appreciate things more, and change some of your attitudes. Heck, I've used the short stories "Socrates" tells in the book many, many times over the years and I'm hardly the granola & birkenstock type.

There are no ordinary moments!

--------------------------------------------
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." - Army General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome-Thx for the trailer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have "The Warrior Athlete" which was re-released as "The Inner Athlete."

Once you get past your own "he's a gymnast, what does this have to do with me" preconceptions, it IS enlightening.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick Nolte is playin Soc! That is the coolest casting in the history of american cinema. (although I always thought Peter Coyote would have worked also) And it looks like they nailed the gas station set. To this day there are only two books that I felt could never be made into movies capable of besting my mental imagery of what they should look like. Peter Jackson did a pretty fair job with LOTR. The other one debuts on June 3! Read the book before you go to see.
Quote Reply