Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was your Ski Season? [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I volunteer as a Mtn. Host as part of the NSP for a resort… Ski all day or evening. Make sure patrons are having fun. When there’s trouble or injury, I deal with it or call a Patroller. Free lunch or dinner. I don’t recall how many days I was on the hill, but I logged 142 hrs from Dec2-Mar20.
Plus a 3 day trip to 3 hills in far western N. Michigan. Great season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got in 15 or 16 days on 3 separate trips (all Colorado), took another lesson to work on improving my skiing (I want to get better on the blacks and double blacks). On a trip with friends, we were getting in 25-30 runs per day, obviously no lines and we just saved the socializing for the lifts and the condo. Only had two good powder days over spring break, was able to play a lot in the trees on some double blacks without killing myself. I slipped a touch on some ice walking my son to ski school one morning, it tweaked my knee and I had to take it easy my last 3 days. 9-10 weeks later, the knee is finally getting back to normal.

Our son is in his second year, he got in 2 weeks of ski school and finally got to ride the big boy chairlift for 4-5 days and loves it even more. I took him for a run or two the last 4 days we skied this year, and he got noticeably better every day. Realistically, we will probably do family ski trips for Christmas and spring break for the foreseeable future.

There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had 28-30 days at Crested Butte, 2 at Telluride then trashed my knee in February snowboarding and missed the best part of the season including watching my 2 oldest in a Freeride Comp in Vail. Was easily on track to hit 50 days for the first time since having kids. Oh well. Surgeon said I should be good as new before the snow starts to fly next winter so I’m back to aiming for 50 days next season. Fingers crossed!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m on the East Coast, but love powder skiing. I only got one Utah trip this year, but what a trip... 84" in 6 days - PowMow no crowds, no lines, and deep deep powder. In fact, it snowed a little too much as the lifts didn't open one of the days due to the storm.

This is how I'll ski from here on out - try to time a good storm and fly out to meet it. Sure, it costs a bit more last minute, but so so worth it.
Last edited by: North: May 22, 24 10:54
Quote Reply
Re: How was your Ski Season? [North] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
North wrote:
I on the East Coast, but love powder skiing. I only got one Utah trip this year, but what a trip... 84" in 6 days - PowMow no crowds, no lines, and deep deep powder. In fact, it snowed a little too much as the lifts didn't open one of the days due to the storm.

This is how I'll ski from here on out - try to time a good storm and fly out to meet it. Sure, it costs a bit more last minute, but so so worth it.
Way to go!
Can't put a price on fresh powder. Those days are memory makers.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: How was your Ski Season? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think another person mentioned it.
It does not have to be all or nothing just have a plan on when and where you want to ski.
DO NOT SHOW UP ON THE DAY OF to buy a ticket for skiing it will ridiculously expensive

Buy your ticket early 4 pack up to a full season pass and you should be good to go. Another way is to piggyback off of a friends IKON or Epic Pass as there are Friends and Family discounts. This was how I was going to hit Crested Butte as I am an IKON pass holder. Based upon the number of days I did it cost me about $30 per visit to ski this season. This allowed for Flexiblity and Last Minute trips as the lift tickets were already covered

Unfortunately you gotta pay up front. But then again the resorts are paying upfront as well for SnowMaking, High Speed Quads and 6 Packs to hedge against Mother Nature.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply

Prev Next