Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another New Kask Aero Visor?
Quote | Reply
Looks like they made the wings even bigger around the new Kask visor. Spotted on todays Giro TT. Regular one for comparison.

Last edited by: treyxt: May 18, 24 9:35
Quote Reply
Re: Another New Kask Aero Visor? [treyxt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just watching replays of the TT this morning and was thinking this looked new and was going to head here to see what the story was!
Thanks for posting, be interested to hear the thoughts on this. Obviously if Ineos is using it they have likely tested it thoroughly.
Quote Reply
Re: Another New Kask Aero Visor? [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the head on shot of Ganna, they look to be just big enough to direct airflow across his arms (vs. going between). TT helmets are typically designed around a particular rider, and for Kask I'd guess that Ganna would be the obvious choice. Kask doesn't have an oversize helmet yet (and their current offering seems to test well for most folks per Jim), so this looks like a good way to cheaply/easily update until they come out with a next gen helmet (or the UCI bans the new wave of massively oversized lids).

Here's Thomas with the same lid:

tabs are def. larger than last year:

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: May 18, 24 22:35
Quote Reply
Re: Another New Kask Aero Visor? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t imagine it will be too long before the UCI bans the visor….!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
treyxt wrote:
Looks like they made the wings even bigger around the new Kask visor. Spotted on todays Giro TT. Regular one for comparison.

Not wings or deflectors as such. Read up about ‘Gurney Flaps’. An aerodynamics feature originating in Motorsport. Kask helmet design need updating so this is likely a stopgap in my view as many brands have now gone wider so don’t need to create intentional turbulence (as this visor likely does) to deal with the high pressure on the shoulders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They seem to have it on their website. Probably due to the Olympic homologation rules.

https://www.kask.com/en-us/Aero-Pro-Visor-2.0/CVI00022-.html

Quote Reply
Re: Another New Kask Aero Visor? [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kask USA seem to be essentially clueless when I inquired about the 2.0 visor via a shop. I have a couple on back order should they ever come to public market.
Quote Reply