Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What are your weekend plans? May 18/19
Quote | Reply
What are your plans?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? May 18/19 [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Friday - help at friend’s ice cream shop from 2 to whenever things settle down (possibly to close)

Sat - will exercise, maybe work a little, read, watch Netflix, maybe work on my novel, maybe help w ice cream

Sun - same as Sat except will spend some time w a friend who is in town. Also possibly babysitting for someone

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sitting here at the airport, waiting to get on a flight to San Francisco. I’m going for work, but I’m going early to see friends that I haven’t seen since early 2020. Tonight I will be at my friends Italian restaurant in North Beach.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? May 18/19 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Safe travels, and have fun! It was good to see you when you were here.

For me, work weekend, and I am excited and terrified because it is my last work weekend, for the foreseeable future. I am ending my job contract next week. Mostly happy about it, though I'm sure I'll miss the extra money. The plan is to truly be able to focus on family and healthy things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to get the garden stuff sorted and some of it planted. It's a long weekend here so hopefully I can get motivated to get it done. First it needs to warm up and dry out a bit.

I'm planning on wearing many layers to watch ball tonight.
Last edited by: edbikebabe: May 17, 24 10:44
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? May 18/19 [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bt wrote:
Safe travels, and have fun! It was good to see you when you were here.

For me, work weekend, and I am excited and terrified because it is my last work weekend, for the foreseeable future. I am ending my job contract next week. Mostly happy about it, though I'm sure I'll miss the extra money. The plan is to truly be able to focus on family and healthy things.

Yea! The start of a new phase of life!

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting all the gear out and ready for a dive trip to the Caribbean in two weeks. Checking the Go-pro, the DSLR, the Ipad, the new fins and mask, and making sure it's all well in the pool tomorrow.

First time taking two of the boys diving so trying to get them sorted with gear as well.

May take the Ducati for a rip Saturday afternoon and hope to avoid the cops.

Sports for the little ones and pushing for a great attitude and joy in participation.

Potentially attend church Sunday if the little lady wants to but most likely just sleep late.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s the May Two-Four long weekend up here (also known as the Victoria Day long weekend) so I have three days to chill out.

I plan to ride, meet friends for dinner and lunch, maybe do another ride and hopefully check out the new community pool. And spend lots of quality time snuggling with my cats.

I will most certainly share the story of how the friends of my American former roommate convinced him it was a holiday in celebration of booze. (“Only in Canada would you have a holiday in honor of beer!”) I was torn between letting him continue to believe this forever or be the one to burst his bubble. “Two-four” is slang for a flat of 24 cans of beer, mostly used in Ontario. As the long weekend falls on or close to May 24th, and lots of beer is generally consumed over the weekend, it’s often called the May Two-Four.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Sat - will exercise, maybe work a little, read, watch Netflix, maybe work on my novel, maybe help w ice cream

Writing a novel? Or reading one? Either way - what’s the novel about?
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? May 18/19 [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alibabwa wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Writing. Swimming is central to the plot and it’s based on a small Maine island. That’s all I am willing to share right now, actually a good question of “what would I put on the cover flaps” to describe it. I know what the plot is but don’t want to give it away! Thanks for your interest.

I am reading a couple of novels too, but I like the one I am writing !

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Alibabwa wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Writing. Swimming is central to the plot and it’s based on a small Maine island. That’s all I am willing to share right now, actually a good question of “what would I put on the cover flaps” to describe it. I know what the plot is but don’t want to give it away! Thanks for your interest.

I am reading a couple of novels too, but I like the one I am writing !

That is super cool!

I have a weekend of a lot of work. At work now and will be here until tomorrow at 7 am.

My younger daughter has a horse show tomorrow, so when I get off work, I will be headed there to be "horse-show-dad".

Back to work at 5 pm on Sunday for another overnight shift....

I'm hoping to squeeze some running in somewhere.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See the heavyweight world title unification tonight / tomorrow morning

Just finished an open mat, had dinner out Thursday night after a 2 day trade mission event.

Go to work late tomorrow (if at all)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My horse just won The Preakness Stakes! He gunned it out of the gate and ran wire to wire and none of the so-called experts thought he could do it. He is one of the last sons of a very good stallion who died last year, so his stallion value likely just increased a lot. And my betting today went pretty well too.

clm
Nashville, TN
Last edited by: ironclm: May 18, 24 16:51
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? May 18/19 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That must feel wonderful! Yay! congratulations!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, cool... I'd read it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Planned a 6 mile SUP session this morning. So nice out I went 8.
Prepped the kitchen for granite cts Monday.
Smoked Salmon Alfredo for dinner. 2 fingers of Black Barrel on the dock currently.
OWS in the AM, rake the yard PM tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feeding my racing addiction with course marshaling another race.
This one is the Fanatec GT World Challenge, Pirelli GT4, and two ther series for a weekend full of racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back at work this weekend.

Other than usual feeding out some rodents to snakes and monitor lizards, I just had the opportunity to pat and feed one of the elephants, a couple of white rhinos, and a Goodfellow's tree kangaroo and her joey.

In the three weeks I've been away, the joey seems to have grown noticeably, and is now spending more time outside of her mum's pouch. Goodfellow's are the most beautiful of the macropod species, so the fluffy joey is an overload of cuteness.
Last edited by: satanellus: May 18, 24 21:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not much. The missus and I both have bronchitis, thanks to the petri dish of an elementary school she work at. You'd think after COVID, parents would have remembered you don't send your sick kids to school because you don't want to fucking deal with them. I swear most parents think school is simply a babysitting service.

I did manage to get some yard work done and put together some new patio furniture before the fever spiked on me again, then spent the rest of the day half asleep on the couch. Shooting for a bit more yard work today, then round two of quality couch time again.

@ironclm, congrats on the big win!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? May 18/19 [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bt wrote:
Oh, cool... I'd read it!

I’ll take you up on that! Careful what you promise ;)

(Thanks. That is meaningful to me)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Low Country weekend😎

Last edited by: Constantine: May 19, 24 12:34
Quote Reply