Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When my two favorite "Influencers" collide... LCB and Natacha Oceane together in the Pain Cave.
Quote | Reply
We always talk about finding ways to get the sport of Triathlon out into the general fitness space to attract newbies and here we are with Lucy visiting with one of my favorite YouTubers who has a staggering 1.6 million Sub's. Natacha is a past Ironman age group podium girl and is famous for doing all kinds of whacky events just to see if she can. I know Lucy has followed her for years and now they are besties. Stuff like this is just so good for our sports general profile in the fitness community and is also why I think female athletes are so much more fun to follow than the dudes.. Good on ya girls!!

Last edited by: ThailandUltras: May 13, 24 15:42
Quote Reply
Re: When my two favorite "Influencers" collide... LCB and Natacha Oceane together in the Pain Cave. [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never heard of Natacha before, but clearly she is doing something right. Is the vibe/tone in this video similar to her other videos? Tons of ladies in the comments which is awesome and they're a lot nicer over there than we are to the ladies around here.
Quote Reply
Re: When my two favorite "Influencers" collide... LCB and Natacha Oceane together in the Pain Cave. [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
I've never heard of Natacha before, but clearly she is doing something right. Is the vibe/tone in this video similar to her other videos? Tons of ladies in the comments which is awesome and they're a lot nicer over there than we are to the ladies around here.

Yep,she is great fun to follow and it isn't all sunshine and rainbows as she also documents her bad days.Here is another fun one from aa year ago..

Quote Reply
Re: When my two favorite "Influencers" collide... LCB and Natacha Oceane together in the Pain Cave. [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:

How and where are the ladies treated poorly here? Always surprises me when people bring gender into a overwhelmingly anonymous forum where you have absolutely no idea of wether someone is female or male..
Quote Reply
Re: When my two favorite "Influencers" collide... LCB and Natacha Oceane together in the Pain Cave. [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't be obtuse. Some women make it clear that's what they are in discussions about women in the sport. They often get ripped a new one.
Quote Reply
Re: When my two favorite "Influencers" collide... LCB and Natacha Oceane together in the Pain Cave. [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Don't be obtuse. Some women make it clear that's what they are in discussions about women in the sport. They often get ripped a new one.

Haven't seen that..? Women being attacked just for being women?? I would have thought if that really was the case the mods would act pretty quickly...? Perhaps they do and that's why I haven't noticed it
Quote Reply
Re: When my two favorite "Influencers" collide... LCB and Natacha Oceane together in the Pain Cave. [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting that LCB is doing high-rep low weight training (e.g. 3x30 squats on 40Kg) which as I understand it would be better for hypertrophy than for building strength.
Quote Reply
Re: When my two favorite "Influencers" collide... LCB and Natacha Oceane together in the Pain Cave. [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lastlap wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

How and where are the ladies treated poorly here? Always surprises me when people bring gender into a overwhelmingly anonymous forum where you have absolutely no idea of wether someone is female or male..
The recent incident I was thinking of was the thread from Texas(?) where the women were talking about getting passed by men in less than ideal ways and it just devolved into a bunch of whiney weirdos clamoring on about “not all men”.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
lastlap wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

The recent incident I was thinking of was the thread from Texas(?) where the women were talking about getting passed by men in less than ideal ways and it just devolved into a bunch of whiney weirdos clamoring on about “not all men”.

I literally came here to post this thread. This is just the latest instance I've seen.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/IMTX_-_AG_Men_interfering_with_Female_Pros_on_the_bike_P8120182/?search_string=texas#p8120182

But back on topic, it was a fun view of a typical day for Lucy. I found it interesting that she seems to do the majority of her training indoors. This may be due to her sponsor obligations, or influenced by her London home base with weather and proximity to good trails/safe roads, but I found it more relatable as an age grouper than pros dashing off to exotic locales to train.
Last edited by: Kickr: May 14, 24 10:59
Quote Reply
Re: When my two favorite "Influencers" collide... LCB and Natacha Oceane together in the Pain Cave. [RobK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RobK wrote:
Interesting that LCB is doing high-rep low weight training (e.g. 3x30 squats on 40Kg) which as I understand it would be better for hypertrophy than for building strength.
I am getting the impression from this session (and others that she has posted) that her workouts seem to be an ongoing extension of her injury rehab and she is very focused on balance and stability work and not necessarily "strength" work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that makes sense, especially given that the weight work is embedded in a much bigger balance and stability workout.
Quote Reply
Re: When my two favorite "Influencers" collide... LCB and Natacha Oceane together in the Pain Cave. [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't she spend half the year in Lanzarote or somewhere exotic like that?
Quote Reply