Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Worst game of her collegiate and professional career.

1-10, 3 points, 5 assists in a 104-68 thrashing.

Clark struggles, Boston exits as Fever routed by Liberty - ESPN

“I think collectively, as a team, we understand who kind of the head of the monster is on that team, and we are trying to just make everything tough and difficult," Liberty guard Sabrina Ionescu said of Clark. "Obviously, they came off a back-to-back, so it's a little bit tough for them, as well. But she'll figure it out. It's not that big of a deal to have a game like that."

Ionescu has a much different and respectful view of Clark. In sharp contrast to the commentary on her from other individuals/players. It’s a shame.
Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Yeah, I mean she's quietly handling her business from what I can tell. There may be some on-court trash talking that we don't hear about but from what I'm seeing she's just out there doing what they're paying her to do. From a points perspective (points + assists) she's leading all rookies so she's living up to her draft position at a minimum. Regardless of who she is or what she did in college, for a rookie in the first ten games at the professional level, it's impressive. She'll be just fine.

I saw a video talking about this (and it applies to all rookies). Up until now, she's been in school. Now she doesn't need to spend time in class or studying.

I'm curious, on general, how much better rookies do in their second season.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Massive over compensation douche bro Pat McAfee calls her one White Bitch

Fans ripped ESPN's Pat McAfee for his inexcusable comments about Caitlin Clark and the WNBA rookie class (msn.com)
Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Massive over compensation douche bro Pat McAfee calls her one White Bitch

Fans ripped ESPN's Pat McAfee for his inexcusable comments about Caitlin Clark and the WNBA rookie class (msn.com)

At least he didn't say that he was misquoted or that it was taken out of context, so there's that. But yeah, still a douche bro.

I shouldn’t have used “white bitch” as a descriptor of Caitlin Clark. No matter the context.. even if we’re talking about race being a reason for some of the stuff happening.. I have way too much respect for her and women to put that into the universe. My intentions when saying it were complimentary just like the entire segment but, a lot of folks are saying that it certainly wasn’t at all. That’s 100% on me and for that I apologize… I have sent an apology to Caitlin as well.

He very easily could've...

Last edited by: axlsix3: Jun 3, 24 20:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you watch the whole segment? He is a major fanboy of hers. Called her a "white bitch" like calling her "baller" or a "dog" The segment was how the press and league were dissing her and she is the cash cow of the league and doing great things. Sure tomorrow he will have to eat it but it was said with most respect. Hard to comprehend but really likes her as do all the guys on the show.
Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
Did you watch the whole segment? He is a major fanboy of hers. Called her a "white bitch" like calling her "baller" or a "dog" The segment was how the press and league were dissing her and she is the cash cow of the league and doing great things. Sure tomorrow he will have to eat it but it was said with most respect. Hard to comprehend but really likes her as do all the guys on the show.

He’s a meathead douchebag, and not surprisingly, even when trying (kind of) to be “respectful,” he still acts like a meathead douchebag.

I’m shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:

I've heard of baller, dog, gamer, bad ass, etc. to express respect for someone's game. White bitch was not on the bingo card.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't watch the whole segment or the show because I can't stand him. So I will admit it was easy for me to be annoyed.

And I don't need any more context. I get that he may like her. But with the forum provided to him, to stand up and try to pass off or normalize a demeaning phrase toward women is BS. Especially if he is trying to be an advocate of her or women's sport in general.

And I will play both sides. I despise MTG. I will call her out all day every day. Calling her Crazy is in bounds. Crazy Bitch is unnecessary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Bad bitch, boss bitch, big bitch. All highly complementary phrases in today’s vernacular. White bitch in that context doesn’t bother me at all but tv is probably not a great place for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you didn't see the show it was the lead piece. They railed on how great she was for the league both in viewership and money for almost 20 minutes . They mentioned how her team gets 16k fans a game while the #2 team gets 8. How her jersey would be #4 in the NBA. How the media says it is the freshman class that is bringing all the goodness, but a lot of it is Catlin ect. It was a total fluff Catlin piece if you ask me. Then he rants on about the "white bitch" like she is one bad assed stone killer. I wouldn't have used those words but he was using them like an honor. Sort of like I am not a big fan of blacks using the "n " word in a friendly manner on each other. He has apologized for his bad taste and I am pretty sure it will be on his Tuesday show. As you all know I am not a big fan boy of Catlin but I do see she is getting worked as a rook. The hip check foul would have gotten you kicked out of any basketball court in the world. My biggest downer on Catlin is her chirping. I know trashtalk is a way of messing with someone's head but daym, when your team be 2 and 9 I am not too sure you have room for trash talk. On the other hand I know the double teams on screens, hard fouls in the paint, refs just looking for technicals on her whines are messing with her head. The show did mention it was like the old school NFL, mess with me, I will mess with you attitude. Not good for the sport but there anyway. I am not defending Pat, but there really was context in the "white bitch" compliment if there can be compliments for those words. What do I know about modern slang compliments?
Last edited by: G-man: Jun 4, 24 6:10
Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
Bad bitch, boss bitch, big bitch. All highly complementary phrases in today’s vernacular. White bitch in that context doesn’t bother me at all but tv is probably not a great place for it.

Contextually, I think we all understand what he was trying to say but one of the reasons "spicy" language is so dangerous in a professional setting is the potential for misunderstanding.

Interestingly, resentment towards CC for being White has been discussed a lot. I wonder how much of the anger is due to her being heterosexual.
Quote Reply

Prev Next