Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [ashtanga_yogi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ashtanga_yogi wrote:
Women’s race was first

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well no I am not emotional and not an American. I am an Aussie and I shouldn't really be helping the US to win.
But I really think if I was on the selection committee I would select Knibb, Jorgensen and Zaferes because I think
they are great. The others I would send in 4yrs! They are not consistent enough.
That is my view and I think maybe you are being emotional!
I don't like the way the US triathlon push Gwen out of Cagliari. Zaferes is on the Board. Isn't that conflict of interest
and don't tell me that did not play a part in that! Very fishy.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [Pebbles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Kind of thinking the same.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [Pebbles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pebbles wrote:
Well no I am not emotional and not an American. I am an Aussie and I shouldn't really be helping the US to win.
But I really think if I was on the selection committee I would select Knibb, Jorgensen and Zaferes because I think they are great. The others I would send in 4yrs! They are not consistent enough.
I don't like the way the US triathlon push Gwen out of Cagliari. Zaferes is on the Board. Isn't that conflict of interest and don't tell me that did not play a part in that! Very fishy.

1. Being "great" is not part of the selection criterial.
2. Taylor Spivey has been the most consistence American over the past several years. She's ranked 4th in the World Triathlon rankings. Taylor Knibb is the next highest American in 13th.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
Pebbles wrote:
But I really think if I was on the selection committee I would select Knibb, Jorgensen and Zaferes because I think they are great. The others I would send in 4yrs! They are not consistent enough.
I don't like the way the US triathlon push Gwen out of Cagliari. Zaferes is on the Board. Isn't that conflict of interest and don't tell me that did not play a part in that! Very fishy.

2. Taylor Spivey has been the most consistence American over the past several years. She's ranked 4th in the World Triathlon rankings. Taylor Knibb is the next highest American in 13th.

I think Knibb and Spivey are locked in. Both are really solid MTR athletes. Spivey on leg 2 and Knibb on leg 4 to hammer the bike and get back in the race.

If KZ isn’t top 10 in Cagliari she isn’t really a medal contender in the individual race, so then the dilemma is do you select on back up for MTR or do you select for other outcomes. IF there is a risk it is a duathlon take Gwen, if you think there won’t be a break away and everyone comes into T2 close to each other take Gwen. If you think Duffy, GTB, Knibb et al will hammer the bike and stay away you take Kasper or KZ?

It is a tough one. France and Germany have fantastic choices for the MTR. GB and USA will have 3 out of 4 brilliant athletes.

Is it just France and Germany who have qualified 6 athletes?
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
Herbie Hancock wrote:
Pebbles wrote:

I think Knibb and Spivey are locked in. Both are really solid MTR athletes. Spivey on leg 2 and Knibb on leg 4 to hammer the bike and get back in the race.

If KZ isn’t top 10 in Cagliari she isn’t really a medal contender in the individual race, so then the dilemma is do you select on back up for MTR or do you select for other outcomes. IF there is a risk it is a duathlon take Gwen, if you think there won’t be a break away and everyone comes into T2 close to each other take Gwen. If you think Duffy, GTB, Knibb et al will hammer the bike and stay away you take Kasper or KZ?

It is a tough one. France and Germany have fantastic choices for the MTR. GB and USA will have 3 out of 4 brilliant athletes.

Is it just France and Germany who have qualified 6 athletes?

Baring a duathlon, then I would go which one out of KZ or Kasper would be the better domestique for Knibb and Spivey.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
Baring a duathlon, then I would go which one out of KZ or Kasper would be the better domestique for Knibb and Spivey.

Neither KZ nor Kasper would serve to aid Knibb or Spivey unless they actively did soft pulls on the front of the bike group when Knibb and perhaps Spivey go off the front.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
Pebbles wrote:

From 2019 until now she’s been outside the top 10, three times. I’m not sure how much more consistency we need here lol.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All this chat is best continued in the ITU thread. This Yoko one will be relegated whereas the ITU one is eternal and provides continuity for the enduring issues like selection.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take aways from Yokohama..

Periault although obviously being a podium athlete in the past, from memory never really did anything last year (who knows why? Injury or something) she's defo just been added into the medal contender Paris banter WhatsApp group though.

Knibb has maybe proven me wrong that she doesn't have the run to get herself a medal in Paris, think that's the best ive ever seen Spivey run.

Waugh had a bit of a shocker, although as said pre race its difficult to know where she is training wise. Interesting to see Holland being able to run with Gwen and Tertsch, anyone know why Rainsley DNF?

Great race for the USA really but the bad news being Pearson and Knibb already qualified, as Pearson said in his interview though 'we all know who's missing' that is the two fastest runners for the men and arguably the three fastest women!

Crash obviously dramatically changed Dynamics in the race and gutted to hear Connix looks out the Olympic, never heard of that Willian dude so fair play to him.

Think I had Blum as my favourite for bronze in Paris, but I'm definitely having my doubts after that performance, his run doesn't look like it's there, Jonny Brownlee has picked off where he left off really, it's difficult to say if he still has a good MTR leg in him though from an Oly distance race.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sian rainsley had a mechanical on the bike.
Looked like chain or gear issues. Shame
As suggested go to main thread?
Quote Reply

Prev Next