Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bannon's Contempt of Congress Trial [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
jmh wrote:
torrey wrote:
No clown show. The defense decided to not present any arguments at all.

Yep. Bannon won't be on the stand. His lawyer will just have a closing argument.

Hope he enjoys prison and has some to be reformed and will be returned to society a better man.

Nope. He’s going to go to prison, present himself as a martyr and a political prisoner and come out grifting more than ever.

This post ages well.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon's Contempt of Congress Trial [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Bannon just lost his appeal and will soon be heading to prison to join Navarro. Hopefully he can give Trump some advice on how to best enjoy prison life.
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon's Contempt of Congress Trial [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

Bannon just lost his appeal and will soon be heading to prison to join Navarro. Hopefully he can give Trump some advice on how to best enjoy prison life.

Will he still be allowed to wear 18 grimy popped-collar shirts in the big house?

He'll be shiv-proof at least.
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon's Contempt of Congress Trial [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Will he still be allowed to wear 18 grimy popped-collar shirts in the big house?

He's going to get one prison issued top. He should be more worried about detox.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon's Contempt of Congress Trial [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its taken awhile, but the system is working. Lets hope its strong enough to withstand the ring leader...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

I was actually hoping that he would have to report exactly 3.5 months before the election so that he wouldn't be able to spread his lies in the months leading up to the election.
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon's Contempt of Congress Trial [Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rick_pcfl wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

I was actually hoping that he would have to report exactly 3.5 months before the election so that he wouldn't be able to spread his lies in the months leading up to the election.

He can ask the appeals court for a full hearing, then he can appeal to SCOTUS.

It. Never. Fucking. Ends.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon's Contempt of Congress Trial [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Its taken awhile, but the system is working. Lets hope its strong enough to withstand the ring leader...
What happens if it doesn't?

What should be done? What should we do?
- Jeff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon's Contempt of Congress Trial [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Do the prison even have a delousing protocol that can penetrate Bannon's thick outer crust?
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon's Contempt of Congress Trial [jkstevens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
- Jeff

I suppose just like OJ, we hope for karmic justice to fill in where the system failed. But the system is not built to be perfect, it is based on letting a number of guilty go in order to make sure the ones convicted are actually guilty, and we dont convict innocents. And even with that, we get it wrong sometimes. I love what the Innocence project and others like it are doing and have done, the last fail safe on the best system we can think of at the moment. Can't think of a place that does it better, can you, judicially speaking??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
- Jeff

I suppose just like OJ, we hope for karmic justice to fill in where the system failed. But the system is not built to be perfect, it is based on letting a number of guilty go in order to make sure the ones convicted are actually guilty, and we dont convict innocents. And even with that, we get it wrong sometimes. I love what the Innocence project and others like it are doing and have done, the last fail safe on the best system we can think of at the moment. Can't think of a place that does it better, can you, judicially speaking??
I wasn't even thinking of it judicially, Monty - I was thinking about it morally and ethically.
- Jeff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
- Jeff

The system has plenty of virtues. But, allowing the President to pardon his cronies is not one of them.
Quote Reply

Prev Next