Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That woman didn’t move a millimeter when Clark bounced off her. Ouch.

In other news, record ticket sales for last night’s game, with Clark dropping 22 points in their third straight loss. Nine of 17, 8 assists, 6 boards.

Quote:
The New York Liberty and Indiana Fever made history Saturday, as their game had the largest paid gate of any WNBA game since the league's inception in 1997.

According to Spotify's Bri Lewerke, the Liberty and Fever drew over $2 million in ticket revenue. They also sold out the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, which holds nearly 18,000 fans for basketball.

Fans were on hand to witness just the third WNBA regular-season game in the career of 2024 No. 1 overall pick Caitlin Clark, plus a pair of former No. 1 overall picks in Sabrina Ionescu and Breanna Stewart played for the Liberty as well.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FOUR Number 1s - they missed Aliyah Boston

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
FOUR Number 1s - they missed Aliyah Boston

I watched part of the game and Indiana is a horrible team, not sure if they'll win 10 games this year. Aliyah sure hasn't looked like a #1 so far this season so maybe she can use a Donny Iris game intro.

Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not a big Caitlin fan, but in her defense her team has pretty much sucked for awhile. You usually don't get #1 picks after winning the championship last year. She has not looked all that impressive yet, but she is playing with some tough and more experienced players. Welcome to the bigs rook. I am not too sure she will rise to dominate like she did in college, but I think she will be alright as a journeyman player.

She isn't that big, that fast or that tough. She can shoot pretty good though. I saw her whine for fouls several times in the playoffs so bad her dad in the stands told her to shut up on national TV. She is going to get banged around a lot which seems to influence her game. Now it seems she is just another player on a average team with a big target on her back. Hope she can adjust soon cause it sure ain't pretty now. She sure did run in to a wall on the posted clip. Oops.
Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"..... but I think she will be alright as a journeyman player."

In her first 3 games her stats are: 17ppg, 4.3rpg, 5.7apg and you think she'll be "alright as a journeyman player."

Okay.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:

In her first 3 games her stats are: 17ppg, 4.3rpg, 5.7apg and you think she'll be "alright as a journeyman player."

Okay.

Yea I have to agree with you. Her stats last game were stout. And she’s only played teams that have gone to the semis the season prior.

I think she’ll adjust just fine and lead the fever to far more than 10 wins.
Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
The veterans surely aren’t making it easy on her. This screen from Stewart looks casual, but knocks Clark on her ass. Sounds like she’s getting plenty of “welcome to the pros” from the veteran players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEmuWNuXCcg

Ouch. Welcome to the big leagues indeed.
Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
BarryP wrote:

Okay.

Yea I have to agree with you. Her stats last game were stout. And she’s only played teams that have gone to the semis the season prior.

I think she’ll adjust just fine and lead the fever to far more than 10 wins.

Ultimately she'll very likely be far better than a journeyman. The question is will she be a Jordan or LeBron? Or will she be a Jerry Stackhouse or Stephon Marbury?

Quote Reply
Re: Caitlin Clark (Sports Pioneer) [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I am not a big Caitlin fan, but in her defense her team has pretty much sucked for awhile.

I wonder how this will go over in the locker room.

Quote:
Both Clark and Sides showed frustration about how her new teammates are performing during the Fever's game against the New York Liberty on Saturday.

The ESPN broadcast caught a moment where Clark was speaking to Sides while covering her mouth with a towel.

While the broadcast didn't catch what Clark said, Sides response made it clear what they were talking about.
"100%. 100%," Sides said. "We will. Give them time. Give them time, okay? Let's go."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:
I am not a big Caitlin fan, but in her defense her team has pretty much sucked for awhile.

I wonder how this will go over in the locker room.

Quote:
Both Clark and Sides showed frustration about how her new teammates are performing during the Fever's game against the New York Liberty on Saturday.

The ESPN broadcast caught a moment where Clark was speaking to Sides while covering her mouth with a towel.

While the broadcast didn't catch what Clark said, Sides response made it clear what they were talking about.
"100%. 100%," Sides said. "We will. Give them time. Give them time, okay? Let's go."

There's a reason they were selecting number one overall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"she'll very likely be far better than a journeyman."

Quote:
It didn't take very long for Caitlin Clark to make some history in the WNBA, only needing three games to do so. Clark became only the fourth player in WNBA history to put up at least 50 points and 15 assists over her first three career games.

She joins some legendary company in doing so, now sitting alongside Candace Parker, Sue Bird, and Nikki McCray in history.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

"she'll very likely be far better than a journeyman."

Quote:
It didn't take very long for Caitlin Clark to make some history in the WNBA, only needing three games to do so. Clark became only the fourth player in WNBA history to put up at least 50 points and 15 assists over her first three career games.

She joins some legendary company in doing so, now sitting alongside Candace Parker, Sue Bird, and Nikki McCray in history.

I wonder how many players dominate right out of the gate?

Jabar - 29/15/4
Jordan - 28/7/6
Shaq - 23/14/2

Then you've got Steph Curry, who went 18/4/6 but peaked at 32 ppg a decade later. He also more than doubled the number of 3s per season. Though he's not considered a top 10 all time player, he is seen as the #2 PG of all time by many.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Allen Iverson - 30 pts, 2 rebounds, 6 assists; 11/1/1996 vs MIL

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next