Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fit Advice for 6'6 [Jiljoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Echoing the advice on a fit.

6’7” and ride a speedmax 8.0 large and it fits very comfortably. Only fit customization I needed was to widen the arm pads bc I have broad shoulders and the narrow pad width made it hard to hold aero.

There were very few bikes that I could ride without a lot of customization and in the end I’ve been very happy with the Canyon. I’d get another one if they were ever in stock in the US.
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Advice for 6'6 [marquette42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you longer in the legs, torso or proportional overall? I’ve been thinking that I could also fit a Large quite easily given their pad x/y numbers have a large range and adjustment, especially the new CF SLX (the extra large is even bigger than the old gen). The older CF’s tho like the 8.0 run a bit smaller, hence the discussion and uncertainty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having been fitting for awhile now, I always like to hear the advice to get fit first, but also, at 6'6", you could pretty safely buy the largest size bike from any of the very few companies taking triathlon seriously. I'd prefer if it had a standard stem and an aerobar set up that was Profile Design or as adjustable as PD. You might be in the very small percentage of riders who are ok with the standard crank length, but that is still a question best answered by you, on a proper fit bike.

I'd go with a 58cm QR XPR as the value choice and I could give 95% of 6'6" riders a great fit on that bike. I would want to check seat height compatibility first but most 6'6" riders aren't going to be over 850-860mm and that isn't usually an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Advice for 6'6 [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was mainly looking for a used Cervelo P-series, Trek speed concept or a Speedmax, as most of those seem to pop up in the used market. I know Cervelo used to make a 61 frame, but the newer ones seemingly only go up to a 58, and what doesn't help is that only canyon has their max seat height numbers, which is one of the more crucial numbers for me (long legs, 850mm might be a bit low), at least it is on my road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 6’4” with long legs vs torso. 36/37” inseem. Same measurements as frodo actually. I ride a Large Speedmax with the 40mm/15-degree radsport extender, setup to 25-degrees total. If I was anymore flexible or taller, I would choose an xl.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are your fit numbers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My SC is on the high base bar, medium reach topper and 45mm tower. Lot's of range left to go longer and higher if needed. Note that us 'leggy no spines' end up with such high saddles, there is always a lot of drop to bars even with flat backs. We dont that the same struggle as the shorter legged to get the bars closer to the top of the wheel to give a comfortable aero fit
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Advice for 6'6 [TonyRad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a fair point, XL might have more range of adjustability instead of just maxing out the large

as a side note, how on earth do you know Frodo's inseam?
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Advice for 6'6 [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While it is sometimes frustrating fitting a really high saddle, I find the benefit of always being a bit flatter/aero is one I can live with. as long as you're flexible enough and get used to the large drop. Do you by any chance know the max saddle height on your speed concept? or the XL for that matter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All details are on trek website. The trick is to go to support documents for speed concept and then look at the fit document, don't use the geometry tab on the main bike page.
Quote Reply

Prev Next