Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JuanPe's Milan impersonation (performed at the InterGiro sprint) is priceless. And spot on. El Patron has quite a sense of humor.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I don’t see anyone dropping him—his aerobic capacity has to be huge. Race is longer but can’t imagine it being any harder for him than Flanders or Roubaix. It’s very, very lumpy so a combo of punchy short power could take others over the limit quite often. Plus he’s a gearhead, and less likely a mechanical (unless it’s fatal, like torn tire) shouldn’t be the issue that it sometimes is for WT guys.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
He is a beast. I'm excited to see Mohoric race it.

In other news, Gnar is leaving Ineos for UAE. Also, Wout's back to work in Norway.

Is Gnar's move for this year? I assumed that moves like that would happen in the offseason.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
likes_bikes wrote:
He is a beast. I'm excited to see Mohoric race it.

In other news, Gnar is leaving Ineos for UAE. Also, Wout's back to work in Norway.

Is Gnar's move for this year? I assumed that moves like that would happen in the offseason.

Sounds like it's for the 2025 season.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct. 2025
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another strong ride by Doogie, away from a strong break bunch.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And a great win by Vendrame. AG2R is on fire this year.

G can't help but to hit the deck. Sheesh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
of the final 6 dudes - 4 stage winners + Plapp (in the gravel day break with Ala and Sanchez) + Vendrame.
it makes sense that vendrame might get the leeway to sneak away and not get chased right away. they had him very close for a while but I sense they were all scared to go too deep with those break mates.
Good on Doogie to stir the pot with a few solo moves to draw out 2nd and 3rd. it's easy to say he should have gone all in sooner but the experience of being in 3 big mountain stage breaks (with a win and 2 3rds!) has to help fire the aggression even more. Too bad Valgren couldn't there - that might have given Stein a smaller gap and Plapp like ability to miss more turns.
Is Uae up for setting up Pogi for one more? I'd have to think so. Is Ineos willing to let Arens bust some moves to go for white? I doubt it, but maybe Tiberi is confident enough to bust some moves of his own to put O'Connor in trouble. Modern grand tour seem to like these ultra brutal penultimate days. It seems everyone is so tired that stalemate is the usual outcome ('cept for Pogi!).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Ferris indicated he wants to go for tomorrow. I *think* he is tied for record of most stage wins for GC win, and tomorrow would break it. Pretty much have to go for that.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
After listening to the broadcast team that most of you have enjoyed in the past - with their move to MAX, this is my first time experience - I'm almost dreading listening to Phil, Bobke, and CVV on Peacock

It's like discovering a diner with a full menu, then having to go back to PB&J or grilled Velveeta on Wonder Bread

Carry on, thanks

Logistics question - Hannah & Adam are on-site on the course, but is the studio where Orla, Dan, Robbie, etc., are working from in UK or Italy?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of superlatives for Ferris.

Glad that Pellizari was able to latch onto the Martinez group. I'm sure he's getting text messages from all the WorldTour teams.

Paret-Peintre bailed out Thomas. (and O'Connor)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will make July exciting no matter what.

Either he out-classes everyone to win the double, or he goes down swinging haymakers. I will enjoy both equally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and his, "here kid - have a fresh bottle'
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
and his, "here kid - have a fresh bottle'
All class
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About as dominant a performance as you could have, and also worked out perfectly that nobody put him under pressure in third week forcing him to go deep. Conceivably, he could be even stronger at the Tour.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah great 3 week training block.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
RandMart wrote:
After listening to the broadcast team that most of you have enjoyed in the past - with their move to MAX, this is my first time experience - I'm almost dreading listening to Phil, Bobke, and CVV on Peacock

It's like discovering a diner with a full menu, then having to go back to PB&J or grilled Velveeta on Wonder Bread

Carry on, thanks

Logistics question - Hannah & Adam are on-site on the course, but is the studio where Orla, Dan, Robbie, etc., are working from in UK or Italy?

Studio is in the UK, just West of London
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Yeah great 3 week training block.

Agreed. Totally in control of this and the next Tour....

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Carry on, thanks

UK.

I'm hoping we get a surprise winner today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:

I'm hoping we get a surprise winner today.

Well, we did in Mayenne. The winner was a surprise first pro win. The winning team not so much a surprise any more, although they would've been last year.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Milan wins, I'll accept that too, even with some assistance.
Quote Reply

Prev Next