Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dumbest ‘sport’ ever.
Quote | Reply
I don’t even know what it’s called. Basically people slap each other. The goal is to give the other person a concussion so they can no longer participate!

Yay!!! Let’s watch people try to give each other brain damage!!!

Somehow this seems worse than boxing. Maybe it isn’t. Who knows.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Dumbest ‘sport’ ever. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I don’t even know what it’s called. Basically people slap each other. The goal is to give the other person a concussion so they can no longer participate!

Agreed. I was just having this conversation with a client two weeks ago. Any combat sports are odd to me. The goal is simply to hurt the other person and in many of them give them a traumatic brain injury.

At least in boxing and MMA, etc there is a chance to defend and not just stand there and take it like the slapping shit.

But even in boxing it’s just bruise the ribs, hit the organs, or give the person a traumatic brain injury. No taps outs or limb stress to tap… just fucking vital organs and the brain.

Makes no sense to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When are you going to Japan again?

https://nypost.com/...ld-restaurant-stunt/
Quote Reply
Re: Dumbest ‘sport’ ever. [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Agreed. I was just having this conversation with a client two weeks ago. Any combat sports are odd to me. The goal is simply to hurt the other person and in many of them give them a traumatic brain injury.

At least in boxing and MMA, etc there is a chance to defend and not just stand there and take it like the slapping shit.

But even in boxing it’s just bruise the ribs, hit the organs, or give the person a traumatic brain injury. No taps outs or limb stress to tap… just fucking vital organs and the brain.

Makes no sense to me.

At least with boxing you can win without knocking the person out. This slapping shit seems to be knock them out. Period. I guess the other person can quit but why would you be in this if you were just going to quit?

And like you pointed out, there’s no defense. Just slap me silly please!

Last edited by: BLeP: May 4, 24 8:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Define "sport"

I was watching <something> on Peacock, when D'Wife cam down for breakfast

"You're watching SPORTS, already??!!!" she shouted, surprised - I guess - that I wasn't making Sunday waffles yet
"It's not 'sports'" I countered "It's cycling, and cycling is an 'art-form'"
"Bullshit. If they sweat, it's sports"
"But I used the same argument when I watch surfing 'it's not sports; it's an artform' and you were perfectly OK with that"
"Surfing is at pretty beaches; cycling is on nasty mountains"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Dumbest ‘sport’ ever. [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is not a sport. That’s why I put it in quotes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm lost. What "sport" is being referred to here?
Quote Reply
Re: Dumbest ‘sport’ ever. [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Makes no sense to me.

Combat sports, to me, are probably the purest representation of sport and competition there is. Not that I enjoy seeing people get hurt, but, I can really appreciate the skill, athleticism and quite frankly courage & mental toughness involved in MMA and other combat sports.

That being said, power slap is just stupid.

My nomination will be CrossFit. I love it as a workout protocol. As a competitive sport it is completely ridiculous.

Honourable mention goes to Kabaddi.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Last edited by: BCtriguy1: May 4, 24 9:51
Quote Reply
Re: Dumbest ‘sport’ ever. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

This. Watch when the guy goes down. His hands are up and in weird positions. That’s a concussion.

https://youtube.com/...?si=t6-DTso4Ap3bo-DL

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
trail wrote:

This. Watch when the guy goes down. His hands are up and in weird positions. That’s a concussion.

OK, yeah, that's like Ow My Balls from Idiocracy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
BLeP wrote:
trail wrote:

OK, yeah, that's like Ow My Balls from Idiocracy.

"Go away. 'Bating."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have a problem with boxing. It's not for me, but I like watching mma, boxing and bjj, and I have practiced bjj for three years now.

I'm too old to get hit in the head but most people in combat sports in my experience are not in the business of hurting their training partners, and individuals that do, do not last long in gyms.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumbest ‘sport’ ever. [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

I'm too old to get hit in the head but most people in combat sports in my experience are not in the business of hurting their training partners, and individuals that do, do not last long in gyms.

I learned I was never the right person. I took an indvertant elbow to the head in wrestling at a young age (12-13?) This was organized, coached wrestling. Took me a month to recover from. Crossed combat sports, soccer, football off my lists of sports.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it dumber than sauna competition?
Quote Reply
Re: Dumbest ‘sport’ ever. [ike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ike wrote:

Apparently, the last World Sauna Competition was held in 2010.

Quote Reply
Re: Dumbest ‘sport’ ever. [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
ike wrote:

It was cancelled because it was so dumb.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumbest ‘sport’ ever. [ike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ike wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
ike wrote:

It was cancelled because it was so dumb.

Apparently, in the last year, one finalist died while another sustained life threatening injuries.

I mean, what could have possibly gone wrong?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do worry about my kids, they'e had their bells rung a couple of times being thrown and i wont let them partipate in striking but Judo / BJJ is an acceptable risk in my view, when people do get hurt - I have seen knees destroyed - it has always been inadvertent / incompetence v malicious
Quote Reply