Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
My understanding is that the organizers did not want to shorten the stage, but the riders simply refused to race without a shortened stage. There is a video somewhere of Ben O'Connor bashing the organizers.

If they actually had freezing rain up the Umbrail, then it was the right call in my view.

Having said that, the last climb was exciting. After all the crap Thomas has talked, I was happy to see Dani Martinez dropping him.

Dani's got that dawg in him.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dani has had a few great outing this year - Sadly Pogi is in another not-normal level

the tdf could be an amazing race this year with Pogi "a bit tire" and everybody else in form

Jonas won't be the same - pogi broke his hand last year way before the tdf and he still missed that "it" so I don't know how Jonas can get in his best shape after that crash.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like good conditions to ski https://www.instagram.com/...gsh=Z3RlbmE2ZjhtamZ4
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geez. No question the stage modification was the right choice then.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Selection for the Olympics has always been *bullshit*.

When the national governing body of the sport is - by statute - designed to prioritize Olympic performance and selection above all other considerations, the incentives to manipulate the selection process toward a desired outcome are just too damn high.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully Peacock does their ad-free stream with Anthony McCrossan again this year.

As for Eurosport, I'd love to hear more Robbie and Sean, and I think Luke Rowe has done well. Not sure if he had any previous broadcast experience? Adam Blythe has been pretty entertaining and occasionally insightful. I find Rob Hatch very difficult to listen to for any length of time and Lloydy is okay.. ...on GCN. The team has depth for sure. Maybe too much.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ferris should send a fruit basket over to the Movistar bus for today; he’s like a horse near the barn.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
too late he already gave away his glasses and jersey to pellizari.
today looked pretty miserable and freewheeling (heart rate in the 60s-70s) descending the umbrail would have been ultra freezing in addition to dodgy road conditions. then again - you can't have an epic hampsten ride/story/experience if you know what you're likely to face beforehand (damn gps technology and cell phones).
but tomorrow..... it looks like rain from what i've seen and that first pass - sella is up there (2250 - i think?). Unlike today there is a lot of climbing and descending (not much flat), so that descending is going to be very cold. the gc ladder should get a proper reshuffle if just 2k today had lots of dudes suffering.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fcorrao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bit mystified as to how anyone could listen to Rob Hatch. Leaves out half the consonants in each sentence and conveys tension and excitement by getting excited - not by describing the situation. I'd rather listen to a vocal-fry uptalking valley girl describe her trip to the mall.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doogie Steinhauser on the move.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DSM and SQS taking a page from the Movistar racing manual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Doogie Steinhauser on the move.

Fist bump
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That name is great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was a great win for the kid.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great name, great win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That interview made me like him even more. His trainer is another interesting note.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carlosflanders wrote:
A bit mystified as to how anyone could listen to Rob Hatch. Leaves out half the consonants in each sentence and conveys tension and excitement by getting excited - not by describing the situation. I'd rather listen to a vocal-fry uptalking valley girl describe her trip to the mall.

100% that. I turn the volume off if I have to listen to him. I've been watching Rai and checking procycling stats occasionally to figure out who's who.

Italian commentary is almost like music -- Italian music:

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
carlosflanders wrote:

Isn't he the one who just says "no no no no no...." at every crash? I get it, nobody wants to see those and they're not easy to commentate on, but it's the same every single time.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just read that Mohoric is racing Unbound. So is Golden Greg and a slew of former WT riders, but if healthy Mohoric should be some real competition for Keegan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Just read that Mohoric is racing Unbound. So is Golden Greg and a slew of former WT riders, but if healthy Mohoric should be some real competition for Keegan.

In a conversation with Jack Haig, they said Bahrain is sending a few guys.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’ll make it very interesting. EF sent a few guys a few years ago and it didn’t work out, but Mohoric is a different level.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotta take the opportunity to wear that rainbow jersey.

And if you're showing up to Unbound wearing the stripes, I'd think you'd feel some pressure to perform. Sometimes you get the impression the WT guys who show up to some of these gravel races are just doing it for shits and giggles and almost feel embarrassed about being seen to take it too seriously. I wouldn't think that's the case for Mohoric.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I think it’s taken a little more seriously now. Plus Keegan is no joke— nobody will get by him easily.
Quote Reply

Prev Next