Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Good luck to the pregnant women of Florida and those who may become pregnant in the future. [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
chaparral wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
chaparral wrote:
synthetic wrote:
Women don't know they are pregnant up to 6 weeks,
.. if they don't take a pregnancy test. At least FL should provide free pregnancy tests.

How much of that 6 week time span do you think a pregnancy test will reliably report a positive?

Hint: the six weeks includes time before conception.

At least 4

That is wrong. 4 weeks in they may not of even had sex, let alone conceived.

The six weeks pregnancy starts at the end of the of the last period. So then the women needs to ovulate, which is ~2 weeks after the end. Then a home pregnancy test only starts show positive ~10 days after conception.

So you are looking at more like less than 2 weeks to maybe 3. Not “at least 4”.

What the hell are you talking about, I read what your wrote to say, 4 weeks after getting pregnant they might not even have had sex.. Can you explain how that is possible?

I know 27yrs ago, 1 week after having sex my wife's pregnancy test came back positive, actually that happened 27, 24, and 21 yrs ago. So I'll still with 4 weeks.

I don't now florida law, but I doubt it says you have 6 weeks from ovulation to get an abortion.

But at least you agree with me on the test will show positive less than 2 weeks after you get pregnant so Although you said I was wrong, you then turn around and say yes you would have about 4 weeks to know you are pregnant. Now to have this early warning you need to be taking a pregnancy test about week after each time you had sex. But if you live in Florida that is what you are now required to do if you think you might want an abortion if pregnant.

It is possible because pregnancy is measured form first day of the woman’s last period. It is not measured from when you conceive.

So four weeks after the first day of your last period, you have sex and conceive. That would result in the sex that caused the pregnancy happened 4 weeks into the “6 weeks pregnant”.

This thread explains it:
https://x.com/...XKV1ghhjJ-gpfjpVyTqg

Pregnancy is measured that way for medical reasons.

You are using terms Doctors use for defining pregnancy. But there are many situations where the patient does not have consistent periods and they dont know a date, so they use the size of the fetus to determine it.

Couldn't follow link don't do twitter.

I don't know Florida law and how they will determine when the 6 week process starts. Again, the 6 weeks is not the issue, that makes this a bad bill, there are many other issues with it for me.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Good luck to the pregnant women of Florida and those who may become pregnant in the future. [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Quote:
I know 27yrs ago, 1 week after having sex my wife's pregnancy test came back positive,

So you only had sex one time?

Maybe you weren't doing it right DaveHamm.

There are ways to have sex and not get pregnant. And if you all really want to know the details, my wife was on the pill and I still wore a condom.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Good luck to the pregnant women of Florida and those who may become pregnant in the future. [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
chaparral wrote:

The six weeks pregnancy starts at the end of the of the last period. So then the women needs to ovulate, which is ~2 weeks after the end. Then a home pregnancy test only starts show positive ~10 days after conception.

Is this in the Florida law??? How will they determine when the women had her last period?

I believe age of the fetus is determined through ultrasound approximation, but again, I did not read the florida law.

Yes, that is the law. Almost like it is horrible law!

How will they determine? They can look at development, if it looks like the embryo was developed enough to have been conceived of more than 2 weeks ago, then the person is 6 weeks pregnant.

Of course a pregnancy conceived ~ 2 weeks ago may not be visible on an ultrasound. So they won’t perform and abortion, even with a positive test, because it could be ectopic, so that makes it even harder to get an abortion before 6 weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: Good luck to the pregnant women of Florida and those who may become pregnant in the future. [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
SDG wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Quote:
I know 27yrs ago, 1 week after having sex my wife's pregnancy test came back positive,

So you only had sex one time?

Maybe you weren't doing it right DaveHamm.

There are ways to have sex and not get pregnant. And if you all really want to know the details, my wife was on the pill and I still wore a condom.

I am just messing with you. Just saw a chance at a poorly timed joke and took it.

I am sure as two engineers you guys had it figured out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
chaparral wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
chaparral wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
chaparral wrote:
synthetic wrote:
.. if they don't take a pregnancy test. At least FL should provide free pregnancy tests.

How much of that 6 week time span do you think a pregnancy test will reliably report a positive?

At least 4

What the hell are you talking about, I read what your wrote to say, 4 weeks after getting pregnant they might not even have had sex.. Can you explain how that is possible?

I know 27yrs ago, 1 week after having sex my wife's pregnancy test came back positive, actually that happened 27, 24, and 21 yrs ago. So I'll still with 4 weeks.

I don't now florida law, but I doubt it says you have 6 weeks from ovulation to get an abortion.

But at least you agree with me on the test will show positive less than 2 weeks after you get pregnant so Although you said I was wrong, you then turn around and say yes you would have about 4 weeks to know you are pregnant. Now to have this early warning you need to be taking a pregnancy test about week after each time you had sex. But if you live in Florida that is what you are now required to do if you think you might want an abortion if pregnant.

It is possible because pregnancy is measured form first day of the woman’s last period. It is not measured from when you conceive.

So four weeks after the first day of your last period, you have sex and conceive. That would result in the sex that caused the pregnancy happened 4 weeks into the “6 weeks pregnant”.

This thread explains it:

You are using terms Doctors use for defining pregnancy. But there are many situations where the patient does not have consistent periods and they dont know a date, so they use the size of the fetus to determine it.

I don't know Florida law and how they will determine when the 6 week process starts. Again, the 6 weeks is not the issue, that makes this a bad bill, there are many other issues with it for me.

I was using the term the Florida law uses.

Then the definition of gestational age:

https://americanpregnancy.org/...t/fetal-development/

What you think the law is using is “fetal age”, but it clearly uses gestational age.
Quote Reply
Re: Good luck to the pregnant women of Florida and those who may become pregnant in the future. [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
chaparral wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
chaparral wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
chaparral wrote:
synthetic wrote:

At least 4

This thread explains it:

I was using the term the Florida law uses.

Then the definition of gestational age:

https://americanpregnancy.org/...t/fetal-development/

What you think the law is using is “fetal age”, but it clearly uses gestational age.

Okay, as I said numerous times, I don't know Florida law. Sounds like its even badly written when determining age.

Just Triing
Quote Reply

Prev Next