Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was the Costello mess a personality issue, a legal strategy, or an independent act of political servitude/audition for a future cabinet position? I can’t imagine his lawyers were happy with the performance, but if we know anything about what Trump wants from an underling is someone willing to throw punches.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The jury will be hung.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Was the Costello mess a personality issue, a legal strategy, or an independent act of political servitude/audition for a future cabinet position? I can’t imagine his lawyers were happy with the performance, but if we know anything about what Trump wants from an underling is someone willing to throw punches.

I have absolutely no legal experience in trials - but just my own thoughts. It doesnt make sense to have your only witness come up and make easily refutable lies.

It seems like this is the type of person who is willing to lie for trump, trump liked this. So he went up there and said things that trump wanted to say, "Trump had no knowledge of any of this", "Cohen was acting crazy/suicidal", "Trump didnt even know me, I was acting with Rudy G".

I have seen enough people here say "Well Trump said [x], the other person said [y]" I dont know who to believe (we saw this repeatedly over Covid), its easy to see this was trumps strategy.
Last edited by: sosayusall: May 21, 24 12:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never believed that you can have an impartial jury in a Trump case in America in 2024. I don't care how many questions they asked during selection.

Trump will get away with it.

I only swim.
I used to run. (31:09 10k)
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Perhaps I mis-framed the question. I am convinced that Trump himself never had any intention of testifying in his own defense.

My fault, I didn't point out that I wasn't really responding to your question, just asking a related question.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People take their job as a juror incredibly seriously.

Based on the evidence presented there was def enough to bring a case, Barr shouldn’t have killed the case, and the only reason I can see garland not bringing it is because he wanted to appear political.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skuj wrote:
I have never believed that you can have an impartial jury in a Trump case in America in 2024. I don't care how many questions they asked during selection.

You never know. I think it's always a mistake to confidently predict what a jury is going to do (doesn't stop many in here, though I'm sure if someone ends up correct it'll be purely from intellect and not sheer chance that the emotionally desired outcome ended up being the actual outcome).

I was on one jury that had one black woman. And the defendent was black. It was very clear for the bulk of the trial that she was dead set against conviction. Arms folded. I don't remember how the prosecution let her stay, as she was clearly skeptical about issues related to black people and judicial bias even before the facts of the case were presented.

But she came around. Not with "forcing" her to see the evidence as the rest of us did, but by carefully listening to her, and responding with respect. And often humor. Every one of my juries developed a great rapport - a team-like "we're in this together" attitude. Despite wildly different backgrounds. You get a bit of a bunker mentality - an "us against the world" feeling. In all my juries there was a very strong "good faith" effort to reach a conscensus. We *wanted* to get it right.

Of course hung juries are very possible. Just pointing out that a jury develops its own culture that was suprisingly powerful in all my juries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skuj wrote:

E. Jean Carroll would like a word.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stevie Wonder could see who the puppet master is. The “smartest man” in the room duped by cohen? Right, Noah.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
sphere wrote:

I have absolutely no legal experience in trials - but just my own thoughts. It doesnt make sense to have your only witness come up and make easily refutable lies.

It seems like this is the type of person who is willing to lie for trump, trump liked this. So he went up there and said things that trump wanted to say, "Trump had no knowledge of any of this", "Cohen was acting crazy/suicidal", "Trump didnt even know me, I was acting with Rudy G".

I have seen enough people here say "Well Trump said [x], the other person said [y]" I dont know who to believe (we saw this repeatedly over Covid), its easy to see this was trumps strategy.

Trump today on why he didn’t testify:

“Remember, I’m gagged, I’m not allowed to say what I’d like to really say. You would be very impressed. But I’m gagged. So why would I take the chance…At some point maybe I’ll take the chance.”

Fucking worm.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
OK, we've heard all the evidence and all that remains are the closing arguments.
So...

PLACE YOUR BETS! PLACE YOUR BETS!

Guilty on all counts
Guilty on some counts
Not Guilty on all counts

Sum up your prognostication however you want, but what do you think is the outcome?

I'm going with guilty on some counts.

I think there's too much there on paper, texts, emails, phone logs, (especially Exhibit 35), etc., for him to completely skate on this.

Ok, I've read this whole thread from the start. I'm going to say guilty on at least 20 of the counts. Although Cohen wasn't great, I think having Pecker start the trial was smart and his testimony will give more weight than Cohen's. Additionally I think Stormy proved she was far smarter and articulate than the defense had anticipated.
Quote Reply

Prev Next