Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wahoo PowrLink Pedals [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried to get GPA and GPR readings from these pedals? Apparently they aren't compatible with cycling dynamics but i can see this data being relevant with all the new work around them.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo PowrLink Pedals [super_6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

Hopefully I'm the only one having this issue, or not, and someone would have a hint/tip for me.

The pedals work in general day to day to usage, however they are going to 'sleep' while I'm doing the swimming and then not re-connecting for the bike leg. In general if the start of the race is close to the time I leave transition, for instance, less than 30 minutes I'm not experience any issues, however if it is longer than that the pedals will not wake up again.

The past 4 70.3 races I've done I had this issue, even clipping again the shoes to the pedals will not make it work. A friend suggested that before leaving transition while the pedals are still awake I start and pause my Garmin.

Now I have a full distance coming and having the pedals working would be really nice.
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo PowrLink Pedals [lcparlatto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which Garmin are you using? I had this several years ago when I had PowerTap pedals. Mine was intermittent. Eventually, it went away with upgrades to new Garmin. I do not remember the specific details, because it has ben a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo PowrLink Pedals [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin Edge 530. Aside from this race day issue I have zero problems with the pedals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huh, I got nothin'. I am pretty sure mine was with a Garmin 520, and it got better when I went to the 530. One thing I did, that I think may have reduced occurrences, is I created a Race profile on the 530 that does not go to sleep. So, I turn it on before the swim, and it does all its connecting stuff. And it just stays on through the swim until I start the activity after T1. It burns more battery, but the unit has tons of battery for a single race and use like this.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo PowrLink Pedals [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Huh, I got nothin'. I am pretty sure mine was with a Garmin 520, and it got better when I went to the 530. One thing I did, that I think may have reduced occurrences, is I created a Race profile on the 530 that does not go to sleep. So, I turn it on before the swim, and it does all its connecting stuff. And it just stays on through the swim until I start the activity after T1. It burns more battery, but the unit has tons of battery for a single race and use like this.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that the Garmin is setup to no "sleep". It is always on, but thank you for the feedback!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know if it's related, but after a recent Garmin upate, I've annoyingly had to completely power cycle my 1040 (vs. bring out of sleep mode) before it would recognize some paired sensors.

Your issue is probably with the pedals, but it does seem slightly similar...
Quote Reply

Prev Next