Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
With so many changes to startlists, could someone remind me of the original billings? Was it a Pog vs Remco show down for the Giro and Pog vs Vingegaard show down for TdF?

If so, Pog has a decent chance at the Stephen Roche triple crown.

Pog wasn’t originally going to the tour and changed his mind quite late, might have been after the crash. Tour was supposed to be Jonas vs Remco vs Roglic

Giro was always Pog “vs” Thomas
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
McNulty wrote:
Vaughters is very good actually. And Kelly is nuts. Hilarious.

Orla had an off fashion day.

They should've led with "How do you say 'Good Morning' in America?" If they did, I missed it

They did. They doubled down on the whole howdy y'all thing. I don't believe I've ever heard anyone say Howdy y'all.
Y'all, sure. Howdy, yes. But never howdy y'all.
Blimey. Strange, innit?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DAYUM! That was exciting. GC bros, sprinters, long range attackers all involved.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m drinking the KoolJ Aid. Dang, heartbreaker for Knarvaez, dude is a baller.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gnar rode one hell of a ride, unfortunately Pog had a quick VO2 max session in today's training plan.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now *that* was a nail-biter.

Meanwhile in Hungary, DJ Breadsticks pulls off a nice sneaky win. I always sort of forget that he has a helluva kick.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
I’m drinking the KoolJ Aid. Dang, heartbreaker for Knarvaez, dude is a baller.

Gnarly. He's got some serious pop. Was looking like Sagan 2015.

Trek has to be bummed. Visma done stoled it.

Orla had a good day.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianmo80 wrote:
echappist wrote:
With so many changes to startlists, could someone remind me of the original billings? Was it a Pog vs Remco show down for the Giro and Pog vs Vingegaard show down for TdF?

If so, Pog has a decent chance at the Stephen Roche triple crown.

Pog wasn’t originally going to the tour and changed his mind quite late, might have been after the crash. Tour was supposed to be Jonas vs Remco vs Roglic

Giro was always Pog “vs” Thomas

Do you mean after Venga's crash? This is false. He had announced he was going for the double way earlier than that. I recall we discussed it here, and myself and a few others were critical as we would like to see him racing Venga on fresh legs and not with excuses for another 2nd place.

Great racing today at the Giro, what an attack by Narvaez, unfortunately the finish line came about 30 m too far for him. Hopefully he wins another stage, really like his aggressive style.
Quote Reply

Prev Next