Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Return to Tri after Stroke [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mixed week this week, generally felt tired and seemed to be busy all the time.

However, have managed to return and do all my squad swims this week, and I did a technique session with my coach. I'm not kicking and that was why I was struggling a bit. It's my right knee I'm letting go with, and not keeping it straight and kicking from the hip as I normally would have. That matches with when I'm walking too - but over the week both of these have made progress.

And got the GP approval to start driving again. He also said I can go back to work, but only 2-4 hours a week, 2 or 3 non-consecutive days a week for next month. So mixed feelings, on one had happy to be going back, but also am now seeing some of the cognitive symptoms alongside the physical control side.

In the first few weeks I needed to mentally have the mindset that I can work through all the rehab, and get back to 100%. In this last 2 weeks I've benefitted from a 'pragmatic' mindset of aiming for 90% and accepting some things will be different.

I've tried a few 'runs' either with my PT or when trying to catch a bus;-) Best way of describing that is 'jerky'. And a lot of this is that my right foot / achilles / ankle isn't really doing anything in a controlled way. I can do 3 or 4 heel raises but then it doesn't move, and I've no precioception of what the ankle is doing.

But I'm up to 1hour of 220w of zwift (not today, was toast after 45mins).

GP was very surprised at the 80mg of atorvastatin the hospital consultant put me on, especially as I was only just above the 2.0mmol target. But he said he wanted to wait for the 3 month bloods before reducing. I'm hoping then he will bring me down to a low dose and that will also result in a reduction of the breathlessness and shoulder ache.
Quote Reply

Prev Next