Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Watching Rally Car Races
Quote | Reply
Facebook videos alternate primarily between rally car videos and mountain bike videos with random cat videos and dash cam videos sprinkled in.

My dad recently had a stroke, he’s recovered mostly but it made me think of his and my mortality. Back to the Rally Car Videos.

My dad loves cars. I still remember us randomly coming across a vintage car race when I was visiting colleges. Both of my brothers are moderately into cars. As are my siblings sons.

So watching like it could be a fun father son trip. Would it be? Appears WRC isn’t coming to the US until 2026. Is the US series fun?
Quote Reply
Re: Watching Rally Car Races [LacticacidMCB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Co-driver videos can be hilarious.

Here is TylerTri co-driving Nutella.

Quote Reply
Re: Watching Rally Car Races [LacticacidMCB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to a race here in Canada knowing nothing about the sport. Friend of a friend had a cottage in the area of a race and a bunch of us went up. It was an absolute blast watching the race. It almost had a mountain bike race feel as we walked around on the outside of the course until we found a good spot to watch.

The spot was a long (300m) straightaway with a radar gun on it and a guy that would broadcast their top speed in the straight. It ended with a 90 degree right hand turn and about 100 feet after the turn it was a one lane bridge.

The less powerful classes braked through the turn and didn't accelerate hard until they were on the bridge. The unlimited class did the "Scandinavian flick" around the corner and went over the bridge at around 100 km/hr. It was amazing to watch, good vibe, cheap, and a lot of fun. Sounds like a good outing with your dad! I enjoyed it knowing nothing about it, so I think everyone could have fun for sure.
Quote Reply