Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Antonio Brown WTF?
Quote | Reply
I will not repeat the insane posts he made on X in the past few days.
But even in our age of "did he really say that?" his comments were over the line. I can't even believe this was meant to mean spirited, it seems like he has serious mental illness, and doesn't even realize what he's doing.
If he's not careful he might end up on a Republican ticket as Trump's vice-President or maybe even for a Senate seat for a state like Alabama.
Quote Reply
Re: Antonio Brown WTF? [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was never the same after this hit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
But even in our age of "did he really say that?" his comments were over the line. I can't even believe this was meant to mean spirited, it seems like he has serious mental illness, and doesn't even realize what he's doing.
If he's not careful he might end up on a Republican ticket as Trump's vice-President or maybe even for a Senate seat for a state like Alabama.

Here is what I don't get..
who cares what he says?
What do you have to be doing with your life, to see what some wacked out former NFL player posts on social media ?

I just don't understand, what has become of people, and how influencers, the kardashians and all these real house wifes / servers on a yacht, and what ever other bizzare "peeping into peoples life" tv shows (in particular when the life your looking into is of someone who doesn't do anything) (so maybe servers on a yacht is interesting to see what life on a yacht is like, don't know never watched it, waste to much time watching people trying to get gold.

So beyond following those people, why would folks here care what some wacked out ex nfl player had to say?

And no don't do twitter, or insta, or tacky tocky, just never seen the point.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Antonio Brown WTF? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
tri_yoda wrote:

Here is what I don't get..
who cares what he says?
What do you have to be doing with your life, to see what some wacked out former NFL player posts on social media ?

I just don't understand, what has become of people, and how influencers, the kardashians and all these real house wifes / servers on a yacht, and what ever other bizzare "peeping into peoples life" tv shows (in particular when the life your looking into is of someone who doesn't do anything) (so maybe servers on a yacht is interesting to see what life on a yacht is like, don't know never watched it, waste to much time watching people trying to get gold.

So beyond following those people, why would folks here care what some wacked out ex nfl player had to say?

Why do you feel the need to opine on this subject if you don’t care?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

I'm sure every discussion you have had on here for the last 20 years have all been only on the most important and intellectual topics.

Brown has significant issues. No idea if concussion related. He IS desperate for attention though.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Well, Brown posted about Caitlyn Clark, and sports media is very interested in Clark, so it turns out, all you need to do is follow a bit of sports news to be exposed to this story.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way to bring Trump into a topic totally unrelated to him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to follow him on twitter until it got to be too much and unfollowed. But it still funnels into my feed somehow, so I blocked after I saw the Caitlin Clark personal grooming tweet and blocked him. I assume that's what this is about?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Apr 22, 24 4:50
Quote Reply
Re: Antonio Brown WTF? [pjet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pjet wrote:

Isn't that the SOP.
Quote Reply
Re: Antonio Brown WTF? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I used to follow him on twitter until it got to be too much and unfollowed. But it still funnels into my feed somehow, so I blocked after I saw the Caitlin Clark personal grooming tweet and blocked him. I assume that's what this is about?

He went a just a bit further than that it seems
Quote Reply
Re: Antonio Brown WTF? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know how many followers he maintains but zero would be a healthier number. Hard to know if it's CTE or if he's just an asshole by nature (he wasn't that guy in HS, college, or early NFL so...) but it's irrelevant. Don't feed the trolls.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like everything said about her is absurd these days. From AB opining on her personal grooming habits to women all over the interwebs who have never watched a WNBA game (in person or at home) saying it's not fair that her rookie contract is so low when NBA players make more...

Gee... if only there was a way to figure out why the men make more money...

Back on topic... AB needs help. I hope he gets it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Antonio Brown WTF? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's interesting having read his tweets over the last few months. It's crystal clear he doesn't write all of them, so my guess is, as with Trump, he has some help with his social media presence but takes the reins when the impulse strikes and no one tweets better than them, so we end up with crap like this.

Thinking back, though, his self authored tweets are distinct in that they're almost incoherent, so I wonder if he's directing the content on these attacks but having someone else compose the text. From what I've seen I think that's the most likely. Which is even more disappointing.

Last edited by: sphere: Apr 22, 24 6:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Imagine being paid to tweet things like "Caitlin Clark doesn't shave her bush!!"

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Apr 22, 24 6:12
Quote Reply
Re: Antonio Brown WTF? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

I'm sure every discussion you have had on here for the last 20 years have all been only on the most important and intellectual topics.

Brown has significant issues. No idea if concussion related. He IS desperate for attention though.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

1000 points for you

and a bonus 5000 for going the extra step.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
j p o wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

Yeah, but if we didn't talk about shit like this we might actually have to do some work. I don't know what you're not doing that you are supposed to while you are here but I'm tired of doing TPS reports for 4 different managers.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Antonio Brown WTF? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Imagine being paid to tweet things like "Caitlin Clark doesn't shave her bush!!"

the only way you get paid for that, is if people listen/watch/read...

So imagine paying someone to tweet that

Imagine contributing to that pay, which every follower, retweeter, poster, commentor, etc.. has done.

Why do we judge the person for making the money, and not the people / infrastructure supporting it?

Its the same in many other areas and professions that have been around a lot longer.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pjet wrote:

It was a joke. Some of us make jokes about Trump. Should we install mandatory trigger warnings for Trump mentions?
Quote Reply
Re: Antonio Brown WTF? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
j p o wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

Yeah, but if we didn't talk about shit like this we might actually have to do some work. I don't know what you're not doing that you are supposed to while you are here but I'm tired of doing TPS reports for 4 different managers.

Lets see, its 10am here, just finished cleaning shower, got dressed, watered plants, now getting shoes on. That covers most of my to do's for today, still need to mix up some more potting soil, and maybe transfer 30 seedlings, might go get lumber for trellis, probably will go for a 6 mile walk to walmart to get better spray bottle and gallon of distilled water for venus fly traps.. God retirement sucks, nothing I have to do, lots I can do and so much time to just do whatever, like post here. And bitch about people supporting someone who appears to need mental health and not be made more famous for bizarre behavior.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
And bitch about people supporting someone who appears to need mental health and not be made more famous for bizarre behavior.

Your righteousness is duly noted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pjet wrote:

You don't see the connection between AB and Trump?

Trump made himself quite famous making comments about the female nether regions, looks like AB is catching on to the mileage you can get out of that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I don't know how many followers he maintains but zero would be a healthier number. Hard to know if it's CTE or if he's just an asshole by nature (he wasn't that guy in HS, college, or early NFL so...) but it's irrelevant. Don't feed the trolls.

He is calling his sports podcast CTESPN

https://www.pinkvilla.com/...irst-episode-1298176
Quote Reply