Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Peaks Enhancement
Quote | Reply
Would it be possible to add a feature in training peaks where you could assign a power meter to a bike under equipment.When you do a workout and it automatically uploads it could automatically select the bike under equipment based on that association.

It would also be nice to add informational fields under equipment where you could track last tune up, last tire sealant change so forth. Than if the mileage is accurate from the equipment assignment you would have the info available as what is due when.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Enhancement [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would use! TrainingPeaks does have a feature request page, I just can't remember where it is or what it's called.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training peaks still can't find their way around to adding "inside" or "virtual" as an activity type category. It would be great to see features of the type you suggest, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Enhancement [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://peaksware.uservoice.com/forums/106657-trainingpeaks-customer-feedback
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The consensus on trainingpeaks enhancements is that they will never happen lol.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Enhancement [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone on the inside know why they haven’t evolved the software/platform and ignore users suggestions? Is it a resource problem? Is it the mindset “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it?” Can anyone shed some light on their operations?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Enhancement [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 0 insight in Training Peaks but the That Triathlon Show podcast just announced they will have an interview with the founder of TP and are welcoming questions. He might answer some general questions around product enhancement but probably not specific ideas.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I were Joe Friel I’d have sold off TPeaks to private equity years ago and left it to run itself on an AWS subscription
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A better question is why would you want this? I've never heard of a mileage based maintenance plan. It would seem like Garmin would already track this just like they can track shoe mileage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Does anyone on the inside know why they haven’t evolved the software/platform and ignore users suggestions? Is it a resource problem? Is it the mindset “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it?” Can anyone shed some light on their operations?

This thread and this thread might have a few answers as to why

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Apr 18, 24 10:06
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Enhancement [emceemanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
emceemanners wrote:
If I were Joe Friel I’d have sold off TPeaks to private equity years ago and left it to run itself on an AWS subscription

Joe's ex-pro cyclist son Dirk runs it now. Besides, "private equity" or investment firms are a sure way to destroy a company. They lose sight of the original missions all for the sake of a dollar & make lives miserable for the employees. True evil of the corporate world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
Would it be possible to add a feature in training peaks where you could assign a power meter to a bike under equipment.When you do a workout and it automatically uploads it could automatically select the bike under equipment based on that association.

It would also be nice to add informational fields under equipment where you could track last tune up, last tire sealant change so forth. Than if the mileage is accurate from the equipment assignment you would have the info available as what is due when.

I use ActivityFix for Strava to track my gear now. It's super simple. If this PM, then this bike. If this speed sensor, then this wheelset.

I'm pretty sure that intervals.icu can do this as well but I have not spent any time digging into it. You can find that on the settings page (https://intervals.icu/settings).

Janyne
Quote Reply