Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The intersection of trans, youth, and sport [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
Do you know the difference between attacking the person and attacking their argument?

Did attack your character? No I said your logic was idiotic.

Thank you, sir, for clarifying that important point.

No problem, seems like it was quite needed.
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of trans, youth, and sport [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, I am curious, when do you feel big government intervention is a good idea? Per your previous post, only in social justice areas, or other areas too?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
Nutella wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Nutella wrote:
Yeeper wrote:

This is a growing issue that is a widely politicized one.

Is it really a growing issue?

When Utah passed it's law it had 75,000 High School athletes. Only one of them was M2F trans
When Alabama passed it's bill there were 190,000 High School athletes in the state. Not a single one was trans
When Mississippi passed it's ban there were 107,000 High School athletes in the state. Not a single one was trans. None in High School, Middle School, or college.
The IOC has allowed Trans athletes for 20+ years. In that time there has been a single trans Olympian, who would no longer qualfiy under the updated IOC regulations.

The primary push behind these laws is politicians using trans people for political gain, it is not because trans people are taking over women's sport.

The correct path is for this to be managed by the federations. Big Government regulation is not the answer.

If there's so few trans people, then so few people will be affected by the laws.

There you go. Done. We'll never hear of you commenting on this topic again, right?

You don't think the demonization of trans people by politicians for political gain affects trans people?

I mean this as respectfully as possible because you have been a great advocate for trans individuals and offer a lot of information.

But claiming the argument against trans athletes is demonization is a bit disingenuous. Pointing out that trans women arent the same as biological women especially with respect to physical capabilities and that they present an unfair advantage is not demonizing.

That being said there are awful and insensitive individuals who will take poor stances on the matter and some of them are politicians.

But I don’t think they speak for all (as is often the case with the most extreme outspoken individuals) and the rest don’t take a demonizing approach by saying it’s not fair.

That is not what I am saying at all. It is perfectly possible to have a reasonable discussion about this topic, conclude that trans people may have a competitive advantage, and still think that trans people should be treated with respect and dignity.

If you listen to the rhetoric used by many of the politicians, and organizations, pushing these bills and it is indeed extreme and part of a larger anti-trans agenda.

A Hate Group Is Reportedly Behind 2021’s Dangerous Wave of Anti-Trans Bills | Them
Far-Right Groups Flood State Legislatures With Anti-Trans Bills Targeting Children | Southern Poverty Law Center (splcenter.org)
State anti-transgender bills represent coordinated attack, advocates say (nbcnews.com)
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of trans, youth, and sport [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
So, I am curious, when do you feel big government intervention is a good idea? Per your previous post, only in social justice areas, or other areas too?

Anything pro wolf related for sure
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of trans, youth, and sport [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
Nutella wrote:

That was five years ago. I think that it may have sparked the idea for some that there may be political gain in the issue. By the time Thomas came along many of the laws were already passed.

The bolded seems to indicate that you think the whole thing is about politics and that there was no actual problem addressed by the laws. I can acknowledge the political theater is a component of these laws but believe that they were necessary to address a significant and growing problem.

I think the political thing is about politics and not to address a "significant and growing problem"
Lawmakers can't cite local examples of trans girls in sports | AP News

I think the changes put in place by the sports federations are generally reasonable, necessary, and based on research.
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of trans, youth, and sport [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

And "climate change".
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of trans, youth, and sport [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
Tylertri wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

And "climate change".

Yeah, me too. Because, unfortunately the private sector has shown their approach to global heating. And it's lies, lies, and more lies:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/...almost-40-years-ago/

But, don't worry, trump's stable genius policies will save us !

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Apr 19, 24 12:59
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of trans, youth, and sport [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
chaparral wrote:
BarryP wrote:

If trans men can accept the consequences for transitioning, why can't trans women?

Can you explain what you mean here? Because I don’t see the difference between trans men wanting to compete with men and trans women wanting to compete with women. What are trans men accepting that trans women are not?

Also these same rules are forcing trans men to compete with women in high school sports, even wrestling:

https://www.usnews.com/...h-school-girls-title

Also, can you explain what this means:

Quote:
PS - I find it a little odd that someone who is a woman on the inside REALLY needs to play sports, while someone who is a man on the inside is disinterested in sports.

Are you saying that there are no trans men wanting to play sports?

Can you point to a single instance where a F2M trans person won ANYTHING in sports?

Not disagreeing with your basic point, but this guy might qualify:

https://www.racenet.com.au/...er-leslight-20220707

And, yes, a jockey is sort of the exception that proves the rule.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

I really am not inclined to answer you, not for “being uncomfortable with my answer” as you have claimed recently. But because you do not engage in discussions truthfully and I don’t believe answering you will lead to anything but a rabbit hole of more incessant questions.

Again case and point here where you mischaracterized AGAIN what I have said.

I never fucking said “only in social justice issues.”

You twist posters words into whatever direction you want. At least here we can add another notch on the amount of threads where multiple posters agree your discussion style is awful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
I really am not inclined to answer you
No worries, that is of course totally your call.

Quote:
Gosh, you seem really pissed off.

Quote:
You twist posters words into whatever direction you want.
This is kinda hard to do, as there is a running record of everything people write here. Including me.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
I really am not inclined to answer you
No worries, that is of course totally your call.

Quote:
Gosh, you seem really pissed off.

Quote:
You twist posters words into whatever direction you want.
This is kinda hard to do, as there is a running record of everything people write here. Including me.

Pissed off? Because I use some form of the word “fuck?” The amount of times I curse on a daily basis would probably shock a lot of people. And it has nothing to do with anger. So no.

And exactly…yet you still manage to do it often. I’m convinced now there’s something else going on there. But I’ll keep it to myself.
Quote Reply

Prev Next