Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What movies would you like to see remade? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
None.

Come up with new ideas and characters instead of drafting off the effort of previous creators.
This. I saw a list of upcoming new releases and most of them were "re-imaginings" aka our writers aren't creative so we're rehashing old movies.
Quote Reply
Re: What movies would you like to see remade? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The original Star Wars or god father part 2.

I would just love to see a collective amount of people lose their minds over something they can just skip.

But in actuality. Who framed Roger rabbit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought Society of the Snow was good. But nowhere near as good as it could have been. Alive was way better. Society didn't do anything new. Alive covered some of after the rescue. I think doing more of what happened after would have been interesting. I think a sequel could be done.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: What movies would you like to see remade? [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
slowguy wrote:
None.

Come up with new ideas and characters instead of drafting off the effort of previous creators.

X 2, although I wouldn't mind a Matrix prequel, like about the era AI begins to take over. Or even something not even related to the Matrix, but around the time that we lose control of AI (or the machines). Maybe we already have?

If you haven’t seen it, The Animatrix dvd has some interesting shorts; one of which tells the story of the events leading to the creation of the Matrix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could approach answering this question a couple diff ways. I see some folks responding on remaking movies that were good, even iconic in their original version. And I even mean iconic for being "bad/campy"..ie Roadhouse, PointBreak, etc... Remake 3 Amigos? no way.

Remaking A Clockwork Orange just seems like a travesty. Kubrick's version was brilliant.

What I think qualifies as a remake candidate is really a "do-over", especially movies that were based on great source material that absolutely butchered the job of turning it into visual media.

Somewhat recent attempts to turn great books and source material into TV material: Wheel of Time, Shannara, Foundation are good examples. All were flops (I didn't watch Foundation, only was told it sucked).

Quote Reply
Re: What movies would you like to see remade? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
None.

1000% agree. My wife and I constantly say Hollywood is out of ideas so they just make a new Marvel movie or the 30th Batman.

There are a ton of great books out there that could be made into movies. I read Boys in the Boat probably 7 years ago and now it's a movie. A good one at that.
Quote Reply
Re: What movies would you like to see remade? [Tik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is an endless supply of great books that could be turned into movie or TV content. Unfortunately they need rop talent to convert them into screenplays, and therin lies the problem.

Remakes are cheap. Screenplays already done, mostly. Just rinse and repeat with just a low effort re write.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Longest Day
A Bridge Too Far
Quote Reply
Re: What movies would you like to see remade? [Ijustrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ijustrun wrote:
If you haven’t seen it, The Animatrix dvd has some interesting shorts; one of which tells the story of the events leading to the creation of the Matrix.

Why did I think that this would be an Animaniacs version of The Matrix?

I loved Animaniacs

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: What movies would you like to see remade? [justcallmejoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justcallmejoe wrote:
The Longest Day
A Bridge Too Far

Guns of Navarone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Queen's bench 7

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071039/reviews

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: What movies would you like to see remade? [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
There is an endless supply of great books that could be turned into movie or TV content. Unfortunately they need rop talent to convert them into screenplays, and therin lies the problem.

Remakes are cheap. Screenplays already done, mostly. Just rinse and repeat with just a low effort re write.

The Backyard Starship series by JN Chaney would make a fantastic series on par with the Expanse given the right screenplay. Great concept, character building, and story arcs over 18 books so far.

Trieatalot

It's a C minus world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love to see a remake of the Black Hole. It was a Disney movie that came out in 1979 trying to capture some of the Star Wars fever. It was a great concept, but suffered from really bad special effects even for its time. I think they could take the story further and explore what happens once the ship passes through the black hole.

Trieatalot

It's a C minus world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like Seth Macfarlane is doing a remake/reboot of "The Naked Gun" with Liam Neeson as Frank Drebin Jr. I can see it. Although got to wonder if they are going to address the issue with the previous "Nordberg."

Other one I was thinking about was "Real Genius." Great movie, perfect cast, completely underappreciated, . . . and very much of its time. Could even try and bring back Val Kilmer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next