Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope Giro Dog didn't get hurt; it looked scared & confused, and had itself in a defensive/submissive pose (head, hips, and tail down)

That was almost a legit thumping

Who had Stage 10?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UAE called everyone’s bluff today; Bardet in the fight for stage and a good GC position.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
I'll predict one of the paret-peintre bros gets away today.

Keep it up and we're all going to have to chip in for another beer glass. Nice work!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All-time form.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kudos - you even said brothers plural. they way he rode the final hour of that race - is he a gc dude at some point?

also saw giro made the call on stelvio already. umbrail is pretty close to the top and not very technical (stelvio is hairpin mania). the base is exact spot where dumo made his pit stop (then rode the whole umbrail keeping the gc boys close - very impressive). the route through switz back to base of stelvio is fast n fun.

i feel like this race has been uber entertaining every stage, so I'd understand if wed and fri get a little chill. I can't tell if they'll race those tirreno walls on thursday hard (or not). I have to think some breakaway riders will!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
is he a gc dude at some point?

No!!! Don't burden the bros with being the Next Great French GC Hope!!! There is only heartache and disappointment down that path. :) (like the guy who came in 2nd).

More seriously, while I think they'd be just fine trying for GC in 7-day stage races, I'd just let them have fun stage and KOM sniping in the Grand Tours for a while.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple summers ago we went up the Stelvio and down Umbiral, which was devine. The hairpins and flat corners of the Stelvio felt “better” to climb, and the Umbrial is an absolute Swiss marvel to descend with more sweepy, banked turns. Will have major fomo on that stage.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
fredericknorton wrote:
is he a gc dude at some point?

No!!! Don't burden the bros with being the Next Great French GC Hope!!! There is only heartache and disappointment down that path. :) (like the guy who came in 2nd).

More seriously, while I think they'd be just fine trying for GC in 7-day stage races, I'd just let them have fun stage and KOM sniping in the Grand Tours for a while.

VPP might be able to ride for GC but to do so he'll need to work on his TT. A lot. Like really a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
A lot. Like really a lot.

<Andy Schleck has entered the chat.>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Balldet wins if graded on age and size curve. He's going great.

Giro Dog unscathed I hope. That was sketchy.

Decathlon got rid of the curse of the "shitty shorts" as Sean Kelly called them.

Senator Davis, this pick deserves a big, sheeeeiiiit!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the magic Van Rysel bikes. The riders have been high on them all year. PP bros once again bring the fun. Never let them race GC. They can't and are magic as animators of races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The guy is listed as 5'9" and 114 lbs (52 kg). If he could build up to 59 kg (same size and height as Venga) then maybe, but so many of this French uber-climbers never look too comfortable on a TT bike.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
It's the magic Van Rysel bikes. The riders have been high on them all year. PP bros once again bring the fun. Never let them race GC. They can't and are magic as animators of races.

The Decathlon marketing team must be ecstatic with how things have gone so far with AG2R. They're going to sell a ton of those bikes.

Agreed on the P-P bros... stay just what you are les gars. Keep the weight of the nation off your shoulders and keep it fun.
Quote Reply

Prev Next